Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

MOTD Highlights

I know that the BBC can only show a certain amount of coverage for each match....But Seriously the coverage last night was awful.SO obvious that the editors wanted to portray a game in which Liverpool dominated and were improving under Mr Rodgers. It was a prime example of why it''s so dangerous to just watch the highlights (and then comment on them)Even Lawrenson (who i presume watched the whole match) said we were deserving of a point.. anyone who watched the highlights however claimed we should have been thrashed!

I wanted to see coverage of James Milner''s yellow card and then his subsequent dive in the penalty area.  Did I turn on the telly too late, or did the MOTD editors just ignore that match-changing incident altogether?

They did show a dive by Sturridge (pretty sure I''m not confusing him with Milner) which also escaped a yellow.

I wasn''t at the game but I guessed watching the highlights that they''ve shown pretty much all the good chances Liverpool had. TBF the highlights often do this and give an unrealistic impression of the overall balance of a game, but the Milner incident sounds like it should have been included. Definite bias there.

Agree with Ricardo. Liverpool dominated in large spells and created lots of opportunities but didn''t have their shooting boots on. We were too open, as you can see in the highlights as well as being sloppy at times, but also very tidy in other spells.

Who cares what the BBC shows or what their biased pundits think. They have a predetermined agenda & no matter what happens on the pitch the highlights will never major on us.In their eyes we''re only there to make up the numbers.We got a well deserverd point and that''s all that matters.

[quote user="ReadingCanary"]Lawrenson (who i presume watched the whole match)[/quote]
I wouldn''t be so sure!