Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

Relegation ?

Certainly doesn''t look like a relegation team. On another day we would have taken all thrree points (and lost them as well). But we have looked more than capable over the first half dozen games. We''ve still yet to see Mulumbu and VOO. Likewise Mbokani. If we are still around a point a game by halfway then I cannot see too much problem. There will be funds available to sign a defender or two and maybe another striker. As to the future well we have youngsters coming through (albeit out on loan) and a coaching set up that is getting the best of of the squad. Looking good.

Just been browsing TWaTD site to see what the deluded binners thought of our result today - ironically no comments. Anyway, on one of their posts they predict Sunderland,Newcastle and Villa to be relegated.

Looking forward to see Mbokani.

Thought we were poor today, imo we weren''t tight enough, hence Liverpools many clear opportunities they had. Though we took our chance, whereas they didn''t have their shooting boots on.

Generally this season though, we''ve been good.

If you thought Norwich were poor you were obviously watching a different game to me. At times the way we knocked the ball about was fantastic. Yes Liverpool had more of the ball and I would expect them to at Anfield but when we had I thought we ,for a majority of the time,used it well. If anyone had offered us 8 pts from our first 6 games I would have snapped their hands off. Poor is not a word to use after that performance. Now if you were to say Sturridge was poor I would agree.Didn''t take long for his diving to come into play. Must be all that practice he has had whilst out injured. Should have been booked for trying to con the ref into a penalty. That was poor !!!!

Poor we were not, however we did ride our luck at times and had to be thankful that we have Ruddy in goal.

Deffo need so more strength at the back come Jan.

We have actually had our best top division start since the 90''s

I thought we did a great job against a Liverpool side that put in one of its best performances this season. I know they''ve been poor lately but I guarantee everyone at Liverpool saw that game as a home win and a chance for them to kick on. We did well to stop them. Not forgetting they have several players that each probably cost more than our whole team combined.

Yep, Best start in the Prem since the 90s puts it into perspective. I still remember the pain of that season under Worthy when it took forever to get a win.

My worries for us now are the CB position, and that the "obvious" candidates for relegation right now (which would be Sunderland, Newcastle and Villa) all are likely to change their manager if that continues and so have plenty of scope to improve. When teams like Watford are getting away wins and Leicester are up at the top of the table, it''s going to be an unpredictable season.

It will be a close run thing. We were lucky to get a point at Liverpool but we did set up for that, so job done. Personally I think we should show more courage and go for wins and would have been very disappointed if we had lost yesterday after not giving it a proper go.

Newcastle and Sunderland are definitely worse than us, but who else is ? Maybe West Brom, Villa, Stoke who struggle to win matches. Time will tell, but going for draws and failing when we should be trying to win may again be our undoing. Luck was in our favour yesterday for sure.

certainly couldnt say we were poor?

In my visits to Anfield I''ve seen 1-4, 0-4, 0-4, 0-5, 1-5 in the past ,so I''ve seen us cave there plenty of times.....yesterday we dug in kept in the game and got something out of it.

Even in their current state ,any side not prepared to go to Anfield and compete will get beaten, we did that ,which given our recent record against them both home and away was a pleasing change.

[quote user="paul moy"]It will be a close run thing. We were lucky to get a point at Liverpool but we did set up for that, so job done. Personally I think we should show more courage and go for wins and would have been very disappointed if we had lost yesterday after not giving it a proper go.

Newcastle and Sunderland are definitely worse than us, but who else is ? Maybe West Brom, Villa, Stoke who struggle to win matches. Time will tell, but going for draws and failing when we should be trying to win may again be our undoing. Luck was in our favour yesterday for sure.[/quote]

who else??.......well we''re better than Bournemouth as was demonstrated last weekend.

Our variety of ways of playing and squad strength over theirs will see us finish above them

GJL, it''s not whether we were better than clubs like Bournemouth in one game but whether we are better than them over the course of the whole season. That will only be proven if we garner more points than them. The jury is out.

Remember that Bournemouth won at West Ham recently. We will not win at West Ham playing as we did yesterday so how honestly can we be sure that we will get more points than them over the whole season.

The logic just doesn''t work. Bournemouth beat West Ham, and West Ham beat Man City, so are Bournemouth better than Man City ? Of course not.

West Ham have had a bizarre set of results so far this season, most neutrals would have swapped around their wins/defeats if asked to predict how they''d get 12 points at this stage.

We''ll certainly have to approach the West Ham game differently from yesterday if we''re going to win it... and I''d be amazed if AN did take the same approach.

[quote user="paul moy"]GJL, it''s not whether we were better than clubs like Bournemouth in one game but whether we are better than them over the course of the whole season. That will only be proven if we garner more points than them. The jury is out.

Remember that Bournemouth won at West Ham recently. We will not win at West Ham playing as we did yesterday so how honestly can we be sure that we will get more points than them over the whole season.[/quote]

Why not carry your logic through positively ? ie Bournemouth lost to Liverpool we drew with Liverpool.

Basically AN is paid this year to keep us up. That of course means getting in the region of 40 points. Clearly he is different to any manager we have had that I can remember ( I am 55 ) as everything is planned and usually successful. If you watch when the opposition make a substitution you can clearly see him reminding players what that sub is capable of.

Start giving him stick for going to Anfield to get a point and of course succeeding will only mean when the attention of others come knocking he will be gone to places where he is appreciated more.

There is no evidence that Alex Neil is being paid to keep us up. Or that

we went to Anfield aiming for a draw. Likewise the idea that he is not

appreciated here. As to points, it is the same as every season. The more

points, the more the club gets in prize money. I should imagine that

from the CEO down there is a bonus paid based on that prize money. Which

would mean that the club, manager, players etc are aiming for the

highest total possible.