Sign in to follow this  
swjf50

Wingers

I thought Redmond was a little below par yesterday and very rarely beat the full back or got a cross passed the first man. So I was wondering whether Jarvis can play on the right or whether we have another player who can play that role, any ideas?

To Redmond''s credit he did put the cross in that Jarvis almost converted, but other than that, I didn''t notice him doing a great deal.

I get the impression that AN set us up not to be as attacking as we have in previous games. And whilst I would agree with you that we saw less of Redmond in terms of attacking play, I thought what we did see was yet more evidence of him maturing as a player.

Some of the interplay between him and other midfielders to move the ball forward quickly and intelligently was superb. Some great one touch stuff at points.

Not only that, but as Liverpool were playing wing backs, he made sure that Whitaker wasn''t outnumbered too often and also got back to help out even if he wasn''t.

He always seemed to be available as an out-ball and on a number of occasions helped to stretch play and pull players about.

So in summary, I think he did exactly the job that AN wanted him to do, and so did Jarvis, just that Jarvis has a bit more age and experience that may just get him in one or two better positions in tight games such as yesterdays.

Also the way Moreno was bombing forward it was putting Whittaker under immense pressure, and that was restricting Redmond getting forward, and Moreno was Liverpool''s best player in my opinion.

Only heard the match and caught the extended highlights, but it sounded like he grew into the game as we did, it wasn''t a day for him to do much given Moreno''s mercurial performance and Liverpool generally dominating posession and territory.

His wing play second half sounded like our main threat and I think perhaps next week when we decide to inevitably get Wes back on the pitch we will see a better all round game from him.