Sign in to follow this  
kirku

"Every Norwich fan will say they need a striker"

None of our strikers have great Prem scoring records and we don''t know about Mbokani yet.

I don''t think it was an unreasonable thing for him to say.

Playing 1 up front with 2 on bench we certainly do not.

After today we need defender still ruddy saved us at times

It was a bit lazy, it was fair comment a couple of weeks ago, but we have Mbokani to try out now and i feel he compliments a useful selection for us. None of them are "guaranteed 20 goal a season" men but they are few and far between in the whole league, let alone for a newly promoted team. I am happy with our selection for now, expecting big things from Mbokani.

"None of our strikers have great Prem scoring records and we don''t know about Mbokani yet.

I don''t think it was an unreasonable thing for him to say."

We play 1 up top and for that one position we have; CJ, Mbokani, Grabban, Hooper & Lafferty.

We play with 2 centre backs and have; Russ, Bassong, Bennett and Wisdom.

I think I mainly resented the fact that he made it sound as if he''d actually bothered to find out what the fans think when he clearly hadn''t.

It was a stupid comment to make.  Unresearched, making assumptions, lazy and wrong.   I bet he didn''t even know about Mbokani. Highly paid pundit who gets it wrong so often yet is still allowed to pontificate unfettered.   Don''t mind him commenting on the football, but speaking for the fans is not on, especially when he is just wrong.

More than happy having a United team where the goals can come from anywhere cheers Lawro.

You massive, massive idiot.

Whatever your views are on Grabban''s return to the fold after his "misdemeanor" the fact is on ability alone he shouldnt be playing anyway and its a concern to me that Neil called upon him again yesterday.

It was quite clear that he isn''t capable of picking the the baton from Jerome with his unwillingness to chase, or compete in the air.

Really hoping MBokani gets a start vs WBA and puts in a good performance to firmly put himself above Grabban in the pecking order.

In Lawrenson''s defence ,if he was judging us purely by the strikers he saw yesterday he''d have a point.

Pundits never seem to have a clue when it comes to Norwich, witness Savage''s confusion over the acronym OTBC the other week. Lawrenson has been phoning it in for years so his lazy comments are no surprise, although Ian Wright''s "and then he passed it to him" performance on MOTD a few weeks back still takes the prize for worst Norwich punditry.
The Telegraph had Neil''s name misspelled and on TV yesterday Danny Dichio described Neil as a former Norwich player. Plus ca change etc.

Spot on RMPS - Savage was embarrassing about OTBC but par for the course with him, and I just cringed when Wright tried to commentate on that clip. And I would bet Lawro''s doesn''t know we signed Mbokani.

I did enjoy the way Lawro said, through gritted teeth, that we were worth a point yesterday.

I assume MOTD showed pretty much all the Liverpool chances ?

It''s like last week on soccer Saturday when Geoff Stelling was talking about us needing a striker and saying he''s maybe already at the club(Lafferty).

Saying they haven''t used him this season.

That might be because he missed all of pre season through injury and only recovered by the time the international break was here.

Eh? Am I missing something?

We spent most of deadline day praying for another striker because we don''t have any real Premier League quality up top.

When Lawrenson points this out, you all back track.

You''re a weird a lot.

[quote user="Nicko"]Eh? Am I missing something?

We spent most of deadline day praying for another striker because we don''t have any real Premier League quality up top.

You''re a weird a lot.[/quote]No we didn''t. Some posters were very much hoping for a central defender, but there was no concerted clamour for another striker, having got Mbokani in the day before.

He was rushing through trying to say something quickly about us so he could then move on and spend ages talking about his beloved Liverpool.

I did see the whole game and the editing of the highlights was very one sided, we had some good periods of pressure which were not reflected.

Nicko - you are so wrong. Think you will find most were happy with Mbokani and disappointed another CB wasn''t bought in.

[quote user="Nicko"]Eh? Am I missing something?

You''re a weird a lot.[/quote]
Perhaps you could highlight some examples for us?

It was a lazy comment seeing as only Man City, West Ham & Leicester have scored more goals than us so far in the Premier league. In any case his original point was about a lack of creativity on the day which I''d have thought would be more of a midfield issue if indeed that was the case as the highlights were fairly lopsided.

Maybe because Mbokani looks like third choice behind Jerome and Grabban he though it was a point worth making cosidering maybe Mbokani is not rated by AN from what he has seen in training.

[quote user="gitto"]Maybe because Mbokani looks like third choice behind Jerome and Grabban he though it was a point worth making cosidering maybe Mbokani is not rated by AN from what he has seen in training.[/quote]

BS... Mbokani came on as a sub literally a couple of days after joining, Jerome scored that day and rightfully kept his place. The Liverpool match at 1-1 represented a more Grabban type game to see out. Give it a month, Mbokani will be fully fit, all guns blazing and our main man.