Sign in to follow this  
Tetteys Jig

Coral Shirts

So i''ve heard from my dads mum''s uncles, cousins, cousins nephew who delivers Paul McVeigh his weekly copy of Hello magazine (or maybe just my Uncle who hangs around with some of the CR bigwigs, believe what you want, it''s not important to the debate) that Coral are thinking of extending their sponsorship package with us next season to take over the Aviva spot on our shirts, what do you all think of us potentially having a gambling firm on our shirts?

To me it isn''t great, but seems maybe it''s a necessary evil these days in the top rungs of professional football.

[quote user="gitto"]Does it matter? Insurance companies are crooks anyway[/quote]

Lol, true! I avoid insurance wherever I realistically can tbh. The amount i''ve thrown away on Car, Travel and house etc insurance over the years, only thing i''ve ever had is a new mobile phone!

Betting, alcohol, and finance companys are the big players in football sponsorship these days.

If they pay big money then great, only downside is my wife is allowed to wear norwich shirt to work when we play but as shecworks for betfred this wouldnt be allowed anymore

[quote user="RUDOLPH HUCKER"]This week Mrs H and I celebrate our 33rd wedding anniversary. The 35th anniversary is ''Coral'' so she could look forward to a new City shirt in two years'' time.[/quote]

My wife''s called Carol but she''s dyslexic so I might get her one. [:)]