Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Rays Funds for the CSF with the Pink un Pickers Week 7

Having been let down with disastrous consequences last week (cheers Juventus), I''m off to Spain this time around

Real Madrid to win at home vs Granada

And for the Norwich bet, a goal for Nathan Redmond

Good luck everyone, especially Bor Bor Bor and 93vintage

Real Madrid to beat Granada for me please...

And Redmond to score at Anfield.

Good luck PUPs and OTBC!

Picked out Real Madrid against Granada too, home win. For the Norwich bet, I''d go for Mbokani to make an impact as an unknown quantity, so 2-1 to City, Mbokani scoring both goals. Good luck Bor and 93 and everyone else.

National League North and hopefully I will have better luck than the last time I went for a game in that particular division.  Surely, Solihull Moors (top with 23 points from nine games) will beat Curzon Ashton (19th, with just eight points from nine games) at home.As for the Norwich bet, with Liverpool struggling to score and having a game in Europe this week, I wonder if we''re finally due a clean sheet so would be tempted by the game finishing goalless.Best of luck Bor and all PUPs.

This week, I''m going for Leicester to beat Stok away.

For the Norwich bet, I''m thinking this might be quite a good time to play Liverpool, so I''m going for a score draw 1-1

Nutty,

A belated thank you for the kind introduction and also for your hard work and administration of the single best community thread on this message board. I admit to sometimes getting involved in threads which show the board at its worst, so I am grateful of the opportunity on the thread which shows this board at its best.

I will be completing my analysis tonight from the potting shed so please have all bets posted by 7PM for consideration .

For the Norwich bet I want to suggest Robbie Brady to score at anytime.

Come on PUPS, let''s do this for the Doc.

To Turkey this week for a change, where I think Fenerbahce will have too much at home for Bursapor - Fenerbahce HOME win please.

For the Norwich bet, the romantic in me likes the idea of Mbokani scoring the winner in a two to one away victory! 

Good luck Bor & Vintage and all PUPs.

Nutty - many thanks, yes I''m fine for Oct 17th, look forward to it.

League One in Scotland where leaders Forfar (4-1-1-13-7) are at lowly Cowdenbeath (1-1-4-9-18). Cowdenbeath v Forfar.......Away win.For the Norwich bet.......City to win and Redmond to score.Good luck Bor and 93. [Y]

Sorry Eddie, I forgot to confirm – I would be both delighted and excited to pick the final six on October 31st.

Trying an away trip for a change. Mordovya Saransk v CSKA Moscow away win. For City''s game <2.5 goals. Good luck all.

To the Argentinian primera division for me this week and a HOME WIN for 6th place INDEPENDIENTE v 2nd bottom Nueva Chicago 2/5 with hills.

For the match bet, how about Brady anytime goal scorer.

Good luck everyone

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]For the NCFC bet I like the look of Mbokani to come off the bench and score the last goal, at attractive odds of 10/1.[/quote]The Hamburg section of the German Oberliga.Barmbeck-Uhlenhorst to win at home against Pinneberg.Barmbeck-Uhlenhorst have won all seven this season, with a 17/3 goal difference, and have not conceded in their three home games. Pinneberg have won one (at home) and drawn one (away) and lost the other five,with an 8/18 goal difference. The current odds are 2/5.Good luck to all!

I can''t see past Real Madrid this weekend as a home banker so -

Real Madrid vs Grenada - Home win

For the match bet a correct final score and a goalscorer -

Liverpool 2 - 2 Norwich + Brady to score any time.

Good luck everyone, the very best of luck Bor & 93vintage.

**The 24th is fine thank you Nutty**

There are some good suggestions for the Norwich match, many of which chime with my own thoughts. I''m of the general opinion that neither team will want to lose, so I expect few goals and a scoreline somewhere between 0-0 and 2-1.I''m motivated mainly by the fact that in recent seasons Liverpool haven''t often lost 3 PL games in a row, and they have never lost a home-away-home sequence.My pick is [url=http://i.imgur.com/lnlyP6i.png]here[/url], there are 5 sets of returns to reflect the 5 mutually exclusive half-time/full-time combinations. The totals are for guidance only, as there are probably several ways things could end up.It''s maybe a bit conservative, but hopefully there''s a fair chance of getting into profit. My choices aren''t totally set in stone, so comments and suggestions are still welcome up until whatever the deadline is.

For the accumulator I''ll go for a Napoli home win vs Lazio @ something like 4/5. I don''t think they''ll lose and are quite decent at home.

Right then, here we go.  Thank you all for your considered selections.  I have worked my way through them and created a longlist, and now here is the shortlist.
Games cut from the longlist:
  • League One has stitched me up twice this season already so I am avoiding the hat-trick. Apologies if your pick was from that league.
  • I am nervous generally about away wins and have opted against selecting those. Again, apologies if that means you.
  • The English PL is all over the place - in a good way - and I wouldn''t want to guess that Man City will beat West Ham so am avoiding that one. Ditto a WBA/Villa draw though I see the logic in it.
  • I worry that VOO will put in a midfield masterclass for Rotherham, and Rhyl have 5 points from 4 games so although they may beat Haverford, I wouldn''t put my own money on it so have to avoid.
So my strategy is a basic one - I have looked for home games where the odds appear favourable, or where a home win appears highly likely (the odds no doubt reflecting this) 
So here it is:
Real Madrid to beat Granada (I won''t mention what I''ll drink a pint of if they fail)
IFK Goteborg           to beat            Hammarby 
Solihull Moors to beat Curzon

Ashton
Vitesse to beat De Graafschap

Ferencvaros to beat Békéscsaba

Linfield to beat Warrenpoint Town

This is more cautious than I would normally be but I feel a responsibility to try and return a winning six and don''t want to risk other people''s money with outlandish selections.  Time will tell if that makes me a fool.  
NB: Nigel, I will repay this investment with a donation towards next season so, win or lose, consider there to be £10 in the funds for 2016/17.   Just please remind me of this nearer the time as my memory isn''t what it used to be.
Good luck to you all, and thanks again for your selections.  It''s taken me two hours to get down to this six and if I don''t post now then I''ll still be here at 2am.

[quote user="Leedscanary"]Good effort Mister Bor - everything crossed for you

Would be great to see you for a pint in The Nelson after a home game mate[/quote]They don''t sell Taddy in the Nelson Gravymeister.

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="Leedscanary"]Good effort Mister Bor - everything crossed for you

Would be great to see you for a pint in The Nelson after a home game mate[/quote]They don''t sell Taddy in the Nelson Gravymeister.[/quote]

Just tell him there''s a bottle of Rose'' for him and he''ll be there like a flash.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Right then, here we go.  Thank you all for your considered selections.  I have worked my way through them and created a longlist, and now here is the shortlist.
Games cut from the longlist:
  • League One has stitched me up twice this season already so I am avoiding the hat-trick. Apologies if your pick was from that league.
  • I am nervous generally about away wins and have opted against selecting those. Again, apologies if that means you.
  • The English PL is all over the place - in a good way - and I wouldn''t want to guess that Man City will beat West Ham so am avoiding that one. Ditto a WBA/Villa draw though I see the logic in it.
  • I worry that VOO will put in a midfield masterclass for Rotherham, and Rhyl have 5 points from 4 games so although they may beat Haverford, I wouldn''t put my own money on it so have to avoid.
So my strategy is a basic one - I have looked for home games where the odds appear favourable, or where a home win appears highly likely (the odds no doubt reflecting this) 
So here it is:
Real Madrid to beat Granada (I won''t mention what I''ll drink a pint of if they fail)
IFK Goteborg           to beat            Hammarby 
Solihull Moors to beat Curzon

Ashton
Vitesse to beat De Graafschap

Ferencvaros to beat Békéscsaba

Linfield to beat Warrenpoint Town

This is more cautious than I would normally be but I feel a responsibility to try and return a winning six and don''t want to risk other people''s money with outlandish selections.  Time will tell if that makes me a fool.  
NB: Nigel, I will repay this investment with a donation towards next season so, win or lose, consider there to be £10 in the funds for 2016/17.   Just please remind me of this nearer the time as my memory isn''t what it used to be.
Good luck to you all, and thanks again for your selections.  It''s taken me two hours to get down to this six and if I don''t post now then I''ll still be here at 2am.

[/quote]

Thank you for these Bor. I''m loving them. I think we''ve got a great chance of getting some revenge for two consecutive very unlucky 5/6s. If we just get that little bit of luck that''s been missing for a couple of weeks we''ll be home and dry. I''ve placed them with Bill Hill and the potential return is a healthy £44.33. Here are the details : -

Real Madrid

-       

-

1/12

-       

-

3:00 Sat

Solihull

-

6/10

-

Linfield

-

1/5

-

Ferencvaros

-

1/8

-

5:00 Sat

Vitesse

-

2/9

-

3:45 Sun

Goteborg

-

11/20

-

4:30 Sun

So with four games tomorrow and two to follow alongside our match at Liverpool on Sunday we are set fair for an exciting weekend. Good luck buddy and to all you PUPs[:)]

[quote user="93vintage"]There are some good suggestions for the Norwich match, many of which chime with my own thoughts. I''m of the general opinion that neither team will want to lose, so I expect few goals and a scoreline somewhere between 0-0 and 2-1.I''m motivated mainly by the fact that in recent seasons Liverpool haven''t often lost 3 PL games in a row, and they have never lost a home-away-home sequence.My pick is [url=http://i.imgur.com/lnlyP6i.png]here[/url], there are 5 sets of returns to reflect the 5 mutually exclusive half-time/full-time combinations. The totals are for guidance only, as there are probably several ways things could end up.It''s maybe a bit conservative, but hopefully there''s a fair chance of getting into profit. My choices aren''t totally set in stone, so comments and suggestions are still welcome up until whatever the deadline is.[/quote]

Thank you for these 93. You''ve put a great deal of thought into the selections. I''m mindful that last time we were in the PL it was difficult to win anything when Norwich played away from home. This new strategy could be a good weapon for us in future matches. I placed the with Bet365 and here are the details : -

Liverpool / Liverpool

£0.50 Bet 365

8/5

£1.30

Draw / Liverpool

£0.50 Bet 365

7/2

£2.25

Draw / Draw

£0.25 Bet 365

5/1

£1.50

Liverpool / Draw

£0.25 Bet 365

16/1

£4.25

Norwich / Draw

£0.25 Bet 365

16/1

£4.25

Liverpool to win

or draw

£4.75 Bet 365

1/6

£5.54

Under 3.5 goals

£2.50 Bet 365

1/3

£3.33

Mbokani last goal

£0.50 Bet 365

10/1

£5.50

Howson anytime

goal

£0.25 Bet 365

8/1

£2.25

Brady anytime

goal

£0.25 Bet 365

8/1

£2.25

Here''s hoping we get a return. Anything we win adds to the pot and ultimately puts a smile on the faces of our wonderful DS team. Good luck buddy[:)]