Sign in to follow this  
Feedthewolf

OT: Robert Lewandowski

Yeah I know this doesn''t really belong here, but I don''t care.Bayern Munich were 1-0 down at home to Wolfsburg at half time, so they brought on Lewandowski.He scored five goals in nine minutes.

[quote user="mrs miggins"]Total lack of ambition by the club in the transfer window.[/quote]
Lewa was recommended to Gunn when he was at Lech Poznan in 2009. No idea whether he followed through with it and actually looked at him, but his name was put forward to Gunny via email and Gunny acknowledged and replied to the email. C''est la vie.

That is amazing if that is right KIO. What with Beckham ''slipping'' through our fingers, who else have we decided was not going to look good in green and yellow?

[quote user="Crabbycanary3"]That is amazing if that is right KIO. What with Beckham ''slipping'' through our fingers, who else have we decided was not going to look good in green and yellow?[/quote]
It was my Dad who mailed him, no idea if Gunny took it seriously or even bothered looking, but he responded to the email.
Wolfsburg hadn''t conceded a goal in nearly 8 hours of football before Lewa took the field tonight!
He''s always been a decent striker but he is really in the form of his life at the moment. For the first time he is looking like a world class forward for Poland too, he''s never really shone at international level before but he has been excellent over recent months.
Here are the goals by the way, it''s not just the feat of smashing 5 in 9 mins, the quality of the goals is excellent - 4 and 5 are particularly nice, but 2 is a great hit too!

Was on his way to sign for Blackburn in 2008 but the famous Ash Cloud meant his flight had to be cancelled, so he drove from Poland to Germany and signed for Dortmund instead! The rest as they say, is history!

Ok, I see where the confusion of dates comes from. A Daily Mail article states that Tony Mowbray was interested in him in November 2008-Mowbray was WBA manager at the time. The deal didn''t go through as Lewandovski decided that he needed to develop further at Poznan.

Mowbray was still interested when he was Celtic manager but couldn''t afford him-Blackburn invited him to watch a match, which he was unable to attend because of the ash cloud. Dortmund stepped in to sign him instead-this was in June 2010.

I would really suggest that people have a good read of what they write sometimes!

Your dad suggesting him as a transfer target, in 2009, when we had been relegated to League 1 - not really likely was it? A team playing regularly in the Europa League etc. Especially if he turned down other, higher placed teams, to develop further there.

I doubt that even then, he would have gone anywhere other than to a team with decent aspirations in a top tier.

Oh, and my favourite goal was the scissor kick. Got to be one of the best examples of it that I have seen.

The sort of marquee player we could have, would have (if not for Mc/Neil) and should have signed in the summer. I ask you this: Mulumbu, Brady, Dorrans or Ledwandowski? 3 Shetland ponies, or one prime shire horse?