Sign in to follow this  
Tumbleweed

Why Liverpool and Arsenal?

The other thread about Lawrenson on MOTD and Ian Wright''s embarrassing lack of knowledge about any of our midfielders against Sunderland made we wonder why so many "pundits" are ex Arsenal and Liverpool players. Just off the top of my head I can think of:

Mark Lawrenson

Jamie Carragher

Stan Collymore

Michael Owen

Danny Murphy

Phil Thompson

Jim Beglin

Ian Wright

Thierry Henry

Ray Parlour

Lee Dixon

Paul Merson

Charlie Nicholas

Martin Keown

I''m sure there will be others and of course Alan Hansen has now retired, but it all seems to perpetuate the media obsession with these two clubs, even when they are not doing anything of interest. Seems to me that they are so totally obsessed with the "parent" club that they really have no knowledge or interest in any others and when commenting just want the conversation to get back to their beloved Gooners or Reds, particularly the Arsenal brigade.

Darren Eadie and big Iwan seem to pop up from time plus I have heard Paul McVeigh on occasion on the radio, it would be nice for them to get front and centre a bit more.

Another thing that niggles me about Liverpool is the amount of coverage they get from Sky and BT, after this week their next 7 games are all televised. How many other mid table teams get this reward and financial gain.

Dion Dublin, Tony Cottee and John Hartson are current pundits that have played for city. Plus Simon Thomas and Jake Humphries are presenters that support City. So we''re quite well represented in the media for a club our size I would say.

Scrappy-don''t all clubs get the same amount from Sky regardless of how many of their fixtures are televised?

Andy Townsend always seemed to suffer amnesia about having played for us. That he was a nobody when he joined us and was a somebody when he left seems to have passed him by.

Crafty wrote; "Andy Townsend always seemed to suffer amnesia about having played for us. That he was a nobody when he joined us and was a somebody when he left seems to have passed him by."

In comparison to Henri''s, Carragher''s and Neville some would say he is still a nobody.

Not true Mr Angry all teams get the same payment but then get a bonus payment depending on how many live games they are featured in

or that is how it was last time we was in the premier league