Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

Lafferty

BBC"Great persistence from Kyle Lafferty. He got a hold of the ball, lost

it, got it back off the defender again and smashed it home. That is a

a typical Lafferty goal - because he never, ever gives up."

To be fair to the guy he was never really played as a proper forward, I reckon he could do a job for us this season. It does seem that some people are so cut up on random players we didn''t sign that they have forgotten some of the guys we actually do have here.

I''d love to see him set a go in the squad.

Jerome

Mbokani

Lafferty

Hooper

That ain''t bad!!

Get rid of Grabban to a championship club who will pay a loan fee. Wednesday seem to be begging it!

Don''t forget that it was against the Faroe Islands tonight!

He missed a couple of easy chances earlier. Not that this is a criticism but Grabban has been castigated for similar.

"Is he actually in our 25 man squad?"

Have we even got a 25 man squad? By my reckoning we''ve only 23 or 24 at the most who are registered.

Is anyone able to confirm?

I don''t think we have ever played Lafferty in a striker position, only ever as a wide left player. Maybe, just maybe give him a chance in what seems to be his most effective position and he may actually score a few!

With Branston with this and unfair to say he can''t score for us when he was only played for a few games last season. In another post for this years squad, I said that AN has not seen anything of him as shipped out as soon as he arrived. If played to his strength, he can be of use at the top level.

Another NA player misused.

"And he is in the 25 man squad. Will be foolish to send any in the 25 out on loan now"

I realise he''s in it, my question was have we actually now got a full 25 man squad?

We have a 24 man squad plus the U21''s.

I''m assuming we meant to either fill the last space with a CB or we weren''t originally looking to sell Bradders.

Not a bad performance from him considering he had no pre-season due to injury and hasn''t had game time since.....missing a couple of chances is very understandable .... good job Wayne Rooney doesn''t play for NCFC is all I can say if we have zero tolerance after a couple of missed chances.

I really like Lafferty and his attitude, until he loses his focus and does silly things - but the main reason he hasn''t played up front more often in his career is that his heading ability does not appear to be as good as it needs to be to be a top striker. On the left and with some pace and skill and a good shot - he can be effective and a real nuisance as we saw at the beginning of last season.  It works for NI, but then maybe they play to his strengths more - because they have no other choice. 

I may be doing him a dis-service - but I have seen no evidence that he can win a ball competing for it in the air, or head effecticely in front of goal.  The rest of his play - combative, a nuisance, skilful and pacy - all good assets, but without that quality with his head, he is not going to be a regular PL striker - imo - but I hope he proves me wrong.

Great persistence from Kyle Lafferty. He got a hold of the ball, lost it, got it back off the defender again and smashed it home. That is a a typical Lafferty goal - because he never, ever gives up."

Laffer-ble that he''s not been given a chance for us up front. That''s his 6th international qualifying goal and what a brilliant finish!

Why oh why do Northern Ireland insist on playing him up front when he''s had his best games for us out wide?!! #onlyatnorwich