Sign in to follow this  
The Voice Of Reason

"We would like to go back there next year"

Made me laugh this morning whilst getting on the weatbix watching the news.

Big Mick talking about beating Man U and then going back there next year in the Premier League.

This from the longest serving team in the Chumpionship, more chance of going to league 1 next year

I own up to being a keen follower of the fortunes of ITFC these days, mostly through visiting TWTD frequently, and I will say that general expectations for promotion at that club are higher than they have ever been since the ticket tout bought them virtually lock, stock and barrel, including the statues and, eventually, the training ground.

The poll peaked at over 35% predicting a top-two finish, but two recent defeats have dented confidence somewhat. The home defeat by a classy Hoots team particularly demonstrated certain shortcomings apparently.

Football supporters generally overstate their team''s chances but that lot continually take the absolute biscuit.

No doubt there will be another ''egg on the face'' moment for the binmen come the season''s end, but they are used to it after all, especially where we are concerned.

Remember relegation the countdown clock, trailers from light aircraft flying over Carrow Road and banners from motorway bridges, to name but few examples.

Remember "Peaky Blinders?" (When is that to return?) I like to think of them as the "Eggy Facers."

IMO, failure this season could probably see McCarthy on his bike, most likely of his own choosing.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]I own up to being a keen follower of the fortunes of ITFC these days, mostly through visiting TWTD frequently, and I will say that general expectations for promotion at that club are higher than they have ever been since the ticket tout bought them virtually lock, stock and barrel, including the statues and, eventually, the training ground.

The poll peaked at over 35% predicting a top-two finish, but two recent defeats have dented confidence somewhat. The home defeat by a classy Hoots team particularly demonstrated certain shortcomings apparently.

Football supporters generally overstate their team''s chances but that lot continually take the absolute biscuit.

No doubt there will be another ''egg on the face'' moment for the binmen come the season''s end, but they are used to it after all, especially where we are concerned.

Remember relegation the countdown clock, trailers from light aircraft flying over Carrow Road and banners from motorway bridges, to name but few examples.

Remember "Peaky Blinders?" (When is that to return?) I like to think of them as the "Eggy Facers."

IMO, failure this season could probably see McCarthy on his bike, most likely of his own choosing.[/quote]Not forgetting Watch the Gap, or Mind the Gap or whatever it was as we sailed past....................[;)]

Yes OR, and I forgot the £10 note waving when the crooked one took over.

Perhaps the biggest of all the omelettes they covered themselves with, to our eternal ridicule.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]Yes OR, and I forgot the £10 note waving when the crooked one took over.

Perhaps the biggest of all the omelettes they covered themselves with, to our eternal ridicule.[/quote]That''s right, which should have been paid to St John Ambulance amongst many, if I remember correctly.