Sign in to follow this  
Yellowhammer

Simple?

We have a centre half who is our leading scorer this season so far ,we have strikers who cannot find the net ,apart from one who is not considered for the subs bench last week. This week he is still only considered as good enough for the bench,them comes on and scores. What will happen next ? My bet is he may be just good enough for a place on the bench,IMO he should start next match then if struggling be replaced. Seems simple really like the game of football has always been.

I think the op has a point.   Simple psychology says that if you do something well and are rewarded for it, it gives you every encouragement to go out and do it again, but doing well then being knocked back can lead to frustration.   Lafferty had his chance to do well - and he did - it was a good, good finish.  I hope he starts on Saturday, but if not should certainly be on the bench - and if an extra striker is needed, he should definitely come on.  

Circumstances will dictate what happens against West Ham, but if we start with Jerome and are down a goal, bringing on Mbokani as a sub for Jerome and then Lafferty as the extra striker would seem to make good sense.    Then if he does well again and scores, he will make it hard for the manager not to pick him for the following match.

It''s about competition for places.  Imo Lafferty - with his NI performances and now this goal - should now be considered right back up with the others.   Great to have four strikers who all offer something positive to the team.  We need that and if Grabban can show he is back to his best, we are really going to be strong in that department. AN''s job is to keep them all on the boil and ready, but on the face of it, he has four players who can all contribute as strikers. A nice dilemna for a manager to have.