Sign in to follow this  
Siva

Travelling to West Ham on Saturday

Hi All,

Have been fortunate enough to be invited to a corporate jolly at West Ham on Saturday. Would appreciate any tips or advice about the best method to get there. Had been thinking of going via train all the way but would also consider driving and parking at somewhere like Stratford or Redbridge and then going by public transport from there. Any feedback greatly appreciated, cheers !

If you''re traveling from Norwich by train, get off at Stratford, take the Jubilee line one stop south to West Ham, then take the District line eastwards towards Upminister, second stop is Upton Park.

I don''t do away corporate jollies any more. I was taken to one at Old Trafford the year we were promoted under Lambert, a mate of mine used to work at a firm that had season tickets for the hospitality so he was able to snag a couple of tickets for the City visit. The seats were outside in the middle stand and about 20 rows behind the dugouts. When they scored it was painful to have everyone else around leaping up while us 2 City fans were sat feeling glum. And if we had scored, we''d have had to restrain our celebrations.

The meal was decent but I''d rather be with the City fans TBH.