Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Matt Jarvis

It really does Daz. As I watch a lot of West Ham I was totally against this move as he really was absolute $hite for them. However, once again, AN looks to have struck gold against all the odds; the boy looks like he has a point to prove and for the first time it seems picks himself back up if he gets tackled. So made up for him.

Fast becoming a huge favourite of mine. Adds a dimension we haven''t had for a long time. Clearly has an appetite to be here. I''m loving the attitude of this side. Perhaps even more than the class of 2011.

[quote user="nutty nigel"]Fast becoming a huge favourite of mine. Adds a dimension we haven''t had for a long time. Clearly has an appetite to be here. I''m loving the attitude of this side. Perhaps even more than the class of 2011.[/quote]

Absolutely brilliant goal - and I love the encouragent he gives other players too.  Great to see a player free from the shackles of frustration he had at his previous club and really express himself.

Went to the game last night Dazza thought not!

What about Rudd excellent in goal M''B playing well, Ryan Bennet tackle, Olsson energy you didn''t see that as wasn''t on the highlights!

Part timer

Fast and direct and a good cross;  played with pain in his writs second half and gives us width.

Great ball from Mbokani for the goal too.     With brady and olsson the left flank is looking its best in years;  a great summers business all round.

The radio commentary was amusing, Curo latched on to Jarvis'' proclivity for giving the thumbs-up every time someone attempted to pass to him, no matter how bad it was. He reckoned we should get a T-shirt made.

When Jarvis had to go off to have his hand bandaged, Goreham & him were really chuckling, saying it was probably for RSI. They were hoping he would come back with his thumb bandaged upright.

Whatever, it suggests that Jarvis is a naturally happy sort of bloke - & that he''s enjoying it here. I''d say his performances reflect that assessment in spades!

Been excellent in every game so far, brilliant signing, and every time he gets the ball you know he is going to have a go at the full back, Redmond will learn a lot from positive approach.

Shame he cant play on Saturday, we will certainly miss him, but a big thumbs up all round.

many people moaned when we signed him but he was a £10m player when that type of money went a lot further. 3 games and he has been fantastic an inspirational signing and still only 29

Sometimes in life things align at a certain time to produce a magical combination - Jarvis looks an inspired signing for Norwich! An absolute peach demo of a ''give & go'' move last night - with a goal-scoring finish to match.

With this standard, it''s looking tougher than ever for Josh Murphy to return...

There was mention of this on the pinkun commentary last night - Michael Bailey(?) seemed to think he was in the last year of his contract at WHU so it might not be an issue, would be up to us and him if he stayed; even if he was then going into the final year you''d think the fee would be small in comparison to many.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]There was mention of this on the pinkun commentary last night - Michael Bailey(?) seemed to think he was in the last year of his contract at WHU so it might not be an issue, would be up to us and him if he stayed; even if he was then going into the final year you''d think the fee would be small in comparison to many.[/quote]That''s fine for West Ham. But as Lessingham Canary mentioned above - we may need to compete with other clubs if he continues to make an impression and on a free.Our record of competing for signings against other clubs recently hasn''t been that great.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]There was mention of this on the pinkun commentary last night - Michael Bailey(?) seemed to think he was in the last year of his contract at WHU so it might not be an issue, would be up to us and him if he stayed; even if he was then going into the final year you''d think the fee would be small in comparison to many.[/quote]Branston,His contract expires June 2017. So, if we were interested come the summer and he wanted to come, we should be in a good position to secure him for a decent fee. However, as the Brady situation demonstrated, it is a seller''s market at the moment. The key is the player expressing to his host club that he will only play for us.

I think we are all a bit like that buddy. But I would imagine there was stiff competition even for the loan of Jarvis. I reckon we beat off PL clubs for all our summer signings.

[quote user="Valley Canary "]Went to the game last night Dazza thought not!

What about Rudd excellent in goal M''B playing well, Ryan Bennet tackle, Olsson energy you didn''t see that as wasn''t on the highlights!

Part timer[/quote]
Rudd did indeed look good in goal, confident and self assured, I have already commented on Mbokani, the Bennet tackle was epic, and Olsson may have ran around a lot but Brady has looked better in that position in the Prem than Olsson did in the Champs. 
I am guessing you could get/afford a ticket to Old Trafford last, eh? I was in the Upper Barclay, and I''ll give a pound to a  piece of $h1t that you were nowhere near CR.

[quote user="ron obvious"]The radio commentary was amusing, Curo latched on to Jarvis'' proclivity for giving the thumbs-up every time someone attempted to pass to him, no matter how bad it was. He reckoned we should get a T-shirt made.  [/quote]
Not sure it would outsell the Curo "Cow''s ar$e and banjo" T-shirt, but fair enough.

Mrs Miggins, respect for that admission, there''s lots of people who wouldn''t have owned up to being wrong about anything 😉

Nutty - I believe there was other interest, there defo were plenty of press rumours linking him to other clubs. Mbokani and Mulumbu too.

Miggins - if you watch West Ham a lot then you''ll know two things. Firstly he was an odd player in terms of him not really being an Allardice type of player. This was reflected in the fact he was never really seen as a regular first team player.

He was brilliant at Wolves and IMHO limited in his play at West Ham due to Allardice preferring tight entrenched football approaches.

[quote user="GJP"]But Allardyce does love crosses and Jarvis will get crosses into the box.[/quote]

Not sure about that. I always felt he prefered powerful and direct wingers to link up with a big target man. If you look at his teams down the years, how many have featured good old style feet on the chalk wingers? Not many.

It always struck me as an odd fit.