Sign in to follow this  
DDD In The Fine City

Declan Rudd

Thought he played quite well last night and pulled off a great save when he needed to, the thing that stuck out the most was how much better his distribution is compared to John Ruddy, with the ball at his feet he seemed to always get the ball into the right area or the player he was aiming for and I don''t remember anything getting sliced into touch which we normally get a couple of times a game, he''s mid 20''s now so is he ever likely to compete for the number 1 jersey or will he always be just a back up option?

Great minds - I just posted something very similar on the Mbokani thread from last night.http://services.pinkun.com/forums/pinkun-forums/cs/forums/3/3296785/ShowPost.aspx#3296785I think there are 2 things that can happen here;1) He needs to go for 1st team football, or2) The club has a Peter Cech / Thibaut Courtois moment in the next year or two.Either way, I think Rudd if far too good to remain a number 2.A great problem for City to have.

Agree with all the points previously stated, would also add he seems to have bulked up and looks physically stronger, which was always my concern with him, certainly wont let us down when called upon.

My unpopular opinion was to sell Bradley Johnson in the summer. To my surprise we actually did it. We got 6 million quid for a failed Premier League experiment - the fact is he''s just not good enough.

It''s a similar story to John. He''s a good keeper but the difference with Johnson is that he''s cut out for the Premier League. That said, he isn''t consistent enough to play for a top club IMO. Therefore - if he should have a good season with us, force Roy''s hand in the international squad, we should cash in on him. Get £10m for him, bring Afobe in and promote Rudd. DONE.

Thoughts?

You all must have missed those kicks he sliced into the Jarrold during the first half then. I''m a big fan of a short goal kick and playing out from the back, it draws the opposition onto you and leaves gaps in their defence. I''ve always gotten my teams to play this way it encourages kids to get the ball down and play keep ball, I cant see the point in hoofing it forward to their centre half to win it, especially with playing just one up front. I cannot remember the last time I saw Joe Hart launch a goal kick.

If you actually watch Joe Harts distribution its quite poor.  actually he isnt the best keeper about he just has a super defence in front of him. Id quite like to be in goal with that lot in front of me.

For me Rudd is a real good prospect and very agile. Not seen him recently but his build was always a worry.  De Gea is a petit keeper and he is probably the best keeper about.

id quite like to see Rudd get in front of Ruddy for a few games.

Rudd is doing great.  Had good seasons out on loan and does well when called upon for the first team too.  Now an estabished number two  keeper in his own right, rather than third choice, at a premier league club where he will get games sooner or later.  We are lucky to have two such good goalkeepers - and Ruddy will benefit from having such a capable understudy offering strong competition for the first team goalkeeping shirt.