grefstad

Striker pecking order

From AN comments, it seems this is the current striker pecking order:

1. Jerome

2. Grabban

3. Mbokani

4. Lafferty

5. Hooper

Maybe tied between Mbokani and Lafferty.

I dont know what AN sees in Grabban though. For me, Mbokani should be ahead of Grabban, perhaps also Jerome, with some match fitness and game time under his belt. Not match fit yet.

I think both Laff and Mbokani got more eagerness than Grabban has. They also got more if a point to prove.

Mbokani not speaking English is probably not doing him any favours, and I wonder if AN was less than impressed it took so long to get him here, and only on loan. Likely checked for other options before landing on us, when noone else took him?

I do think Mbokani is capable of scoring 10++ for us in the league, if he was given enough games, but I doubt he will be given more than max 10 as a starter, as long as AN wants to play with one striker in the league.

Personally for me:

1. Jerome

2. Lafferty

3. Mbokani

4. Hooper

5. Grabban

I do not see what AN sees in Grabban, the moment he comes onto the pitch we become totally ineffectual up front. PL defenders aren''t scared of his pace or his finishing so what does he offer to the side?

Jerome will carry on until someone comes on and plays well enough to displace him. Just like Jerome did on the opening day when Grabban started.

Jerome -

Mbokani (I would hope.)

Hooper

Grabban

Lafferty.

I would hope Mbokani is the main challenger to Jerome, and that GH gets a run of appearances (if not starts) as the season progresses.

Can''t quite go along with the sudden Lafferty love-in and would prefer £6m to Grabban.

Jerome

Mbokani (should be top after in a few weeks after he''s more settled)

Grabban

Lafferty

Hooper

It''s surely too early to say. If we play with one striker than the candidates could have a pecking order, but if we play with two...?

We also have to give Mbokani and the new Laffterty time to settle down, and for Jerome and Grabban to demonstrate that they are up to Prem level.

Noted on the EDP readers team choice for West Ham - virtually nobody has voted for Grabban to start. Quite agree. Just does not get sufficiently involved for my liking.

Jerome
Grabban/Mbokani (whether pace or strength required)
Lafferty
A traffic cone
A corpse
A hibernating badger
Sarah Palin
The City Hall Clock
Ricky Van Wolfswinkel
Antoine Sibierski
Hooper

Jerome

Mbokani

Grabban/Lafferty

Hooper (rate Hooper but he can''t play up front on his own effectively)

Happy to give Lafferty a chance but one good substitute appearance does not make him the best option in my view. The clip below says it all for me:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XM0HTPlglMM