Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Team for West Ham

Cofuscious say "put in Olsson and bring Brady forwards" - but would Olsson have played 90 minutes on Wednesday if he was going to play tomorrow?  Maybe - Bassong did - but there may be  line of thinking that the back four have been doing ok and that keeping Brady at left back is sensible.   After all, if he move forwards and does well, what happens in the next match when Jarvis can play again. Leave one of them out?   Imo you have to find room in the team for both players - as they are both amongst our best players.   So to keep the team shape the same, Lafferty could come in for this match on the left - where he is actually quite comfortable playing. 

RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Brady Redmond  Tettey Dorrans Lafferty                  Hoolahan                   JeromeProbably wrong, but Brady and Jarvis are key to our progress down the left hand side and although Jarvis can''t play tomorrow, keeping the team shape the same may be a priorty.   Olsson is a great player too, but Brady''s last ditch challenge to avert a certain goal the other week, shows he is more than capable at LB.  And imo Lafferty deserves to be at least on the bench, if not a start.

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Olssen

Redmond Tettey Dorrans Brady

Hoolahan

Lafferty

Or

Ruddy

Whittaker Martin Bassong Brady

Redmond Tettey Howson Dorrans

Hoolahan

Lafferty

Depending how fit Olssen is.

Since AN has been here how many league games has Howson not started when available?

I''d be very surprised if he wasn''t in the team.

I really don''t see Neil picking Lafferty to start. Not averse to the idea in theory, but he definitely seems to prefer Jerome and Grabban, and I don''t think he''d have brought Mbokani in to sit behind Laffs in the pecking order. I''d expect Che''s first lineup with Jerome in place of Lafferty, although if he wants to keep it tight in midfield as he did at Liverpool, he might start Howson ahead of Hoolahan. Would imagine he''ll start with Wes though.

If anyone thinks Alex Neil is going to start Lafferty on the left in a premier league game then your deluded.

Won''t be happening. Will be either Brady or Howson.

No way will Lafferty start ahead of Jerome, M''Bokani or Grabban up front either. I would suprised to even see him on the bench tomorrow.

[quote user="lake district canary"]Cofuscious say "put in Olsson and bring Brady forwards" - but would Olsson have played 90 minutes on Wednesday if he was going to play tomorrow?  Maybe - Bassong did - but there may be  line of thinking that the back four have been doing ok and that keeping Brady at left back is sensible.   After all, if he move forwards and does well, what happens in the next match when Jarvis can play again. Leave one of them out?   Imo you have to find room in the team for both players - as they are both amongst our best players.   So to keep the team shape the same, Lafferty could come in for this match on the left - where he is actually quite comfortable playing. 

RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Brady Redmond  Tettey Dorrans Lafferty                  Hoolahan                   JeromeProbably wrong, but Brady and Jarvis are key to our progress down the left hand side and although Jarvis can''t play tomorrow, keeping the team shape the same may be a priorty.   Olsson is a great player too, but Brady''s last ditch challenge to avert a certain goal the other week, shows he is more than capable at LB.  And imo Lafferty deserves to be at least on the bench, if not a start.

[/quote]

If that is the starting 11, I will flash my a*** in Burton''s window.

I too would be surprised if it isn''t what Pabs has suggested with Olsson at LB, Brady at LW and the rest of the team pretty much picks itself.

There is obviously the possibility that if things are going in our favour with a bit of a margin (2-0 up or something in that kind of dream world) towards the end that Olsson could be withdrawn with Brady going to LB.

Credit to Jarvis for what he''s done since he''s come in, we''re going to miss him today and I''m sure many (myself included) didn''t feel too excited about his arrival.

Just wondering if there''s a chance Wisdom might be preferred at right back considering the way West Ham like to counter attack.Otherwise, Pabs probably has named the right team.  Unless AN plays safe and goes with Howson and Dorrans again, leaving Wes to come on later.