Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

Great point won

Before all the miserabilists start, just want to say great point won, even though it could have been all three.   Mistakes by every player on the pitch - so no recriminations on anyone - just a good competitive match and a well fought draw.  Imo.

It will inevitably sting a bit when you concede in the 93rd minute.  But a great effort and a good result all the same.Credit where it''s due. To come away from games at Liverpool and high-flying West Ham undefeated is a job well done.The exciting thing for Norwich is we can still improve.

To be fair we will undoubtedly see several ''anti'' threads started so I think this one is more than fair enough. A shame we couldn''t hold on for all the points but an away draw isn''t a bad result. We do need to work out a way to keep clean sheets though it is hard at this level, for all sides.

Good to go there and Anfield and not get beat.

Bad to let it slip twice from winning positions.

Rather equalise last minute than concede, although it actually makes no difference in the grand scheme of things. I feel like I lost something rather than gained something. But I am very pleased.

Sorry Lakey, but it''s two points lost from a winning position because of an inability to defend properly at set pieces. We have yet again seen two sloppy goals conceded, and whilst I will not single out any particular player what I will say that it is not sustainable over the course of a season. If we want to survive this season we must become more defensively sound.

Agreed it is a good point given WHU are currently top 4. Naturally, losng an equaliser so late takes the gloss of the point and to think we''d be 7th had they not got it. However we know our defence isn''t watertight so we are doing well to be collecting valuable points away from home and 5 from 4 games will certainly be good enough if reflected over a season and home form is adequate. The season we were relegated I think we only got 9 points the whole season so it''s looking good so far.

Leicester (H), Newcastle (A) and WBA (H) as our next three and all are winnable.   

Was a great point but these circumstances always feel like a loss when you concede at the end

Our defence will always  have its weaknesses, especially with set pieces as again today, but generally cannot go to over the top about that. I was one of the ones who feared that our defence would get us relegated this season and the Southampton match was reminiscent of the Hughton era. But you know, after these away games at Pool and West Ham, even with silly errors, the defence along the whole team are playing their socks off, and Norwich do look genuine Premier quality to me.Alex is starting to make some stonking team selections and seems to have a knack of  getting subs right to. The biggest plus is how he has instilled such a  great team spirit  right thru the whole squad. If we didnt already know it, we have a very very special manager in Alex Neil. As fans, to see City mixing it with the cream of the Premier, and giving their all, picking up points to AND scoring goals, is just a joy. Im a natural pessimist at heart, but match by match Alex and the guys are eroding that. OTBC

The thing is that all sides make mistakes, and are all capable of losing out to set pieces - which is why sides spend so much time practicing them. I don''t think we are particularly any more susceptible than anyone else, you need a little bit of fortune to go your way sometimes when sides are lumping the ball in.

A good point won.

A great point won is for venues like Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge.

Seeing a point away at West Ham as "great" is a bit Little Old Norwich.

Not every day I''ll agree with you Lakey, but good shout. Good performance all round and good point. Yes could have been three, but if we''d been offered one before ko we''d all have taken it!

[quote user="AmericanNorwichFan"]I agree we need to fix the set piece issue. But you have to be reasonable and realize that we''re going to concede goals.[/quote]The trick is not to give away totally unnecessary free kicks in the first place. Now I like Tettey but somebody needs to tell him that when an opponent is sheilding the ball and going nowhere the last thing you do is stick a foot in from back because it''s a free kick everytime.And you certainly don''t do in the 90th minute when you''re winning away from home against a team who are going to lump it into the box for the likes of Carrol etc Yes we''re always gonna concede goals but some are a lot easier to prevent than others and this was one of them.

Back from the game after a thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes.

Disappointed today because we were absolutely excellent, dominated large parts of the game but gifted them a point. West Ham were anonymous for the majority of the match.

It''s absolutely refreshing to be going into every game, whatever the opposition and knowing we''ve got a chance of the win. Delighted with the positive and no fear approach Alex Neil has instilled. The fact we''re disappointed at a point from one of the leagues form teams shows the complete transformation from Hughton''s dour approach. Completely dispelling the myth that you can''t show ambition and intent as a smaller team in the division. Loving it.

Howson was the standout today. Everywhere in the second half. Plus the birds love him.

Agreed WHF, Jonny is looking a class act, totally at home in the premier league.

Agree too on the Hughtom comment, we''re disappointed with a point today, not grateful. AN is doing a good job, and learning fast,