Sign in to follow this  
Hackedoff

Ruddy

Why couldn''t he catch anything today? He pulls off some great saves but also costs us a fair few times. A simple catch would have seen the game out but punches it straight against west ham player and ends up a tap in. Came out for a cross he was nowhere earlier on the game. Always a huge error awaiting.

played well today.....................until the last 5 minutes when he seemed to completely lose his head and his judgement. Got away with one when he came out flapping,when it was cleared off the line, was hesitent again when Carroll appeared to miscontrol, and then finally the third one which resulted in the equalizer ,again seemed hesitent and weak to the punch?

for the goal i think he misjudged the flight of the ball and was a clear mistake - shame as it blotted an otherswise excellent probably motm performance where he kept the team in the game and then ahead while west ham took their shots at him (at least 4 good saves from memory)

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]for the goal i think he misjudged the flight of the ball and was a clear mistake - shame as it blotted an otherswise excellent probably motm performance where he kept the team in the game and then ahead while west ham took their shots at him (at least 4 good saves from memory)[/quote]That''s only the latest of a whole series of similar misjudgements (there was another earlier in the game which very nearly, and probably should have, cost us a goal, given the Hammers the lead and maybe lost us the match -- just as his misjudgement against West Ham two years ago when Collins scored helped cost us our PL status). It amazes me the extent to which Ruddy is granted immunity from criticism and has his frequent errors brushed away on here simply because he makes some good stops. He is a big man, yet nobody could say he consistently dominates his area, and his decision making and positioning are suspect. He has certainly improved (I guess with DK''s coaching), but he is nowhere near the England squad and won''t be again unless Butland and the several others now ahead of him are injured. Several minutes before that mistake JR had already lost his cool and was clearly flustered -- at the very time when the opposite is needed.