Sign in to follow this  
AJ

NCFC vs Wet Spam Match thread

Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin (c), Bassong, Olsson; Howson, Dorrans, Tettey, Brady; Hoolahan; Jerome

Subs: Rudd (GK), Wisdom, Grabban, Mbokani, Redmond, R Bennett, O''Neil.

So almost as expected, but surprisingly it''s Redmond who drops out the starting 11 allowing Dorrans to help man a 5 across the middle with Brady given the chance to show what he can do down the left flank. Hoolahoop starts.

Don''t think Redderz has been great lately.

Lafferty a bit unlucky not to make the squad.

Not overly surprised, imho Redmond hasn''t been at his best for 2/3 games, and we do need to be strongest in midfield today.

On reflection I do have to agree with your comments regarding Redmond, hasn''t looked in the same vein as our run-in at the end of last season. Disappointed for Lafferty as he took his goal well in mid-week

Not that much of a surprise that AN persists with Dorrans and Howson away from home after getting a point at Anfield. I guess it''s then a case of who he leaves out, and this week it''s Redmond.  But you can bet he''ll come on at some point.Would love a clean sheet today.

I am starting to bore myself now ,,,, but I cannot get my head around this love in with Grabban ,,, he has to be one of the most ineffective strikers we have ever had ,,, worry the defence ? My Ar*e!

I can imagine that Lafferty is well p*ssed off not to even make the bench ,,, I am baffled by this . What hold does Grabban have over AN ?? Strange photos maybe ? 😳😳😁

I''ve got to say I''d prefer Laff''s on the bench to Grabban this afternoon - that said he did almost score in his cameo at the end last week.

I just don''t think Grabban has enough presence up top to play by himself in the Prem.

Great stuff, both Jarvis and Brady on form - could we see Redders struggling to start ahead of these two?!

Good anticipation and finish from Brady. He really is a very good player.

Re Lafferty, I can see why he isn''t on the bench. He wouldn''t offer a different option to Mbokani where as Grabban is a different type of player who prefers to run channels and pockets of space. Also Lafferty has a lack of pace which judging on the managers style to date it just doesn''t fit what he wants in his lone striker.

Could easily be 3-0 up if Howson and Jerome had not wasted good chances. Clearly dominating and just shows that Hoolahan should have started against Liverpool IMO.

Lol Al.

These threads are inhabited by different people when we''re doing well. I miss that Cottee character and JF. Who do you miss? ;)