Sign in to follow this  

looking at the last two fixtures we really should be 1 point better off. We Rode our luck at Liverpool, whilst ran out of it at West Ham. Liverpool should have beaten us, and we should have beat West Ham. In that scenerio we take three points instead of two.

But strangely..... I find myself being more content with avoiding defeat and being competitive in these fixtures, and almost being happier with the two points instead of three!

I''d like to think the last two results have instilled a real sense of belief into the players. The first job at this level is being hard to beat and competitive.

However, I could still be suffering from Hughtonitus. Seeking comfort in the negative is a classic symptom.

Prematch sentiments for both were that a point would be an unexpected bonus and we did it twice. Because of a few golden opportunities that went begging, some came away from each game feeling disappointed we didn''t get all 3 points, although in both cases they overlook that out opponents also had several similar situations. Most games do.

So, no, it''s not Houghtonesque to feel that way after the fact. Hoping for a goalless draw and continuing to set up defensively after falling behind by 1 or 2, and making like for like subs at the 88 minute mark would be.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]looking at the last two fixtures we really should be 1 point better off. We Rode our luck at Liverpool, whilst ran out of it at West Ham. Liverpool should have beaten us, and we should have beat West Ham. In that scenerio we take three points instead of two.

But strangely..... I find myself being more content with avoiding defeat and being competitive in these fixtures, and almost being happier with the two points instead of three!

I''d like to think the last two results have instilled a real sense of belief into the players. The first job at this level is being hard to beat and competitive.

However, I could still be suffering from Hughtonitus. Seeking comfort in the negative is a classic symptom.[/quote][:D]  Maybe you should get in touch with CH, lincoln. Judging by his upbeat comments post-match yesterday (after Brighton let go a two goal lead) he seems to have found a cure. "We were the better team ........ I really thought we were going to hold on [despite being down to 10 men]" etc. And why wouldn''t he be cheerful -- top of the table, GD of +6, averaging nearly 1.5 goals and over 2.3 pts per game, 4 clean sheets  in 9 .............

With the exception of Southampton, the level of performance has been as consistent as we could have hoped for at this stage, AN is delivering everything (and more) than i personally was hoping for.

A couple of clean sheets would really be the icing on the cake, and that will come, coming away from Anfield i was disappointed we didn''t nick it at the end, and yesterday leaving the Boleyn felt like we had lost, but loving our football at the moment and looking forward to Jarvis back next week and also having Mulumbu as an option soon, and we will win more of these types of games,IMO.

As a footnote, loved Alex Neil when asked yesterday "how pleased are you with the team coming to places like Wet Spam and Liverpool and taking points" and his instant response was, "we are a good team, and i keep saying it, so we should be competing and winning points", love his self belief, no wonder our players are running through brick walls for him, Unlike Hooton who would most probably of spouted of a load of crap about how good the opposition were and what great players they had !

Happy days with the Real Messiah.

4 games in and we have 5 points on the road already.
Last time out under Hewhomustnotbenamed, we achieved 9 points all season and a -33 goal difference.
I''d say we have reason for relative optimism.

Coulndt agree more Bor, i am enjoying this season because of the Football we are playing.

We will soon have a very good reputation as an exiting, hard to beat team.

Spot on Bor, that really puts things in perspective despite the gutted feeling of conceding that late late goal yesterday. 9 points away from home out of 19 games.. deary me.