Sign in to follow this  
Brighton Yellow

Tactics - Perfectly Noted

Really good to see a proper in-depth analysis of the way we play rather than comments on pigeons and Delia. Gives you plenty of confidence for the rest of the season.

AN goes up even higher in my estimation than he was before!

Mentioned on at least two other threads yesterday -- including Parma''s Masterclass 9. Just wondering if, in the light of his appreciative assessment of the blog, Brighton would now like to review his comments about the Masterclass? [;)] [;)]

Loved reading this - Brady was excellent on Saturday. Really hope he doesn''t move back to LB, he''s much better attacking wise.

I found the comment on the whole team being comfortable receiving the ball very interesting. I think this may be the key to BJ''s departure, as he never looked really comfortable running with the ball at his feet and this is something AN really wants in a player, definitely if they''re in a wide position. Remember the game under Lambert against Swansea when we started with a midfield of Fox, Surman, Howson and Wes and blew them away? Not as good as our current players, but still they were our best ball players then and proved that with the right instruction they could win premier league games without needing to be overly physical.

Surprisingly, part of winning football matches is having players who can receive the ball, control it, pass accurately and then move. This was severely lacking under Hughton, whether by ability or instruction. I can imagine Mulumbu eventually coming in for Tettey for this reason, and maybe Mbokani replacing Jerome as they are both better ball players and just as good athletically.

[quote user="HampsteadCanary"]Surprisingly, part of winning football matches is having players who can receive the ball, control it, pass accurately and then move.[/quote]
I know what you mean, but then the more I thought about it the more sense it started to make.

Such a simple line Hampstead, but oh so true, and how many times have we seen it being unable to be carried out, by coaching or confidence?

It''s exciting times being a Norwich fan, and I feel we are a couple of levels above the Paul Lambert Prem team(s) we had, so by design, the best team we have had for over 20 years

Oh dear! This fits in rather nicely with LDC''s MOTD thread.

This is exactly what the resident muppets could have majored on instead of lazily digging up previous defensive lapses.

Perhaps it is far too insightful for the tedious pundits to grasp?