Sign in to follow this  
Nicko

How far can we go?

A question I''ve started to ponder recently.

Things are good at Norwich City right now, we''re in the Premier League following a decent Championship campaign. But what is the limit of our success?

We aren''t a big club comparatively. Will we ever be as big as Man United, Chelsea, Liverpool?

In years to come, what can we realistically hope for?

IMO, AN has already shown what a club like ours can do with good coaching, good tactics and very solid team-work. It''s hard to say how far this can go, but I''d say mid-table security looks likely and possibly more in the future.

For me, if you look at the Prem there are a small number of teams up the top end that have their main focus on the title, or, more realistically for some, whether they can get a CL spot, and have no real relegation worries.

All the teams below that elite group can easily find themselves battling relegation in any given season, regardless of how well they did they year before. I think the challenge for teams that have come up fairly recently is to try to establish themselves so they''re setup well enough that they have an extra safety margin. And for us the aim is to move up to that level.

Personally I''m not that sort of guy,,,,, but with AN at the helm anything is possible, certainly mid table is there for the taking this year, next season ? lets wait and see.

The "big six" have monopolised things for so long now that it is almost impossible to see beyond this stateof affairs.

Eventually, yes eventually, some team from somewhere from the middle of the bunch will breakthrough. This has to be inevitable as nothing is forever (as the saying goes.)

I''m not saying that it will be us, probably not, but it will be a good day for football in general in this country when it happens.