Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Chumps tonight.

Just watched the first half of the Rotherham v Burnley encounter on Sky. Mainly to see how our boys were doing.

Instantly learned that Vladis had turned down the offer of staying on for a bit longer, but that there was at least a chance to see Tony Andreu perform.

He''s been busy without being dominant and I would think quite a way away from a first team spot at Carrow Road on his showing so far.

Interesting to note that Lee Camp is now at Rotherham and it seems a bit of a come down for a ''keeper who aquitted himself very well in the Premier League for a large part of the season when Ruddy was injured.

Burnley are clearly the better side and will climb into the top three if they win but are still not, IMO, a patch on our side last season. It just highlights the extent to which Neal Adams went off the rails and perhaps the good fortune AN had in inheriting the squad he did. Praise, of course, to NA for his part assembling, or retaining, the players though.

Footnote. The Rotherham ground looks very smart, functional and a decent piece of architecture to boot. With all the talk on here about re-location or expansion my thoughts were that I wouldn''t mind our ground resembling that. It would need to be twice the size, at least, though.

Good game, but it is the Chumps, and not a classic, so time to turn over to see what Clarkson is up to.

Having been to the New York Stadium twice in 2015 to see City play let me just tell you nbs that it is totally unspectacular,devoid of any character and in the middle of a dump of an area.

"Broadstairs, I think you''re getting Camp mixed up with Mark Bunn."

Yes of course. Thanks, the combination of Fosters lager and Championship football clearly fuddles the mind.

No chance of me getting Tony Andreu mixed up with Joey Barton though, they were a class apart from each other tonight. Whilst our boy was subbed early doors, Barton was MoM for one of the pundits, and deservedly so.

The ground looked good on Television Til, or perhaps that was the Fosters as well.