Sign in to follow this  
Carrow89

No duds. so far

So far AN''s signings have worked. Dorrans looked good before he joined us. Brady has been outstanding and Jarvis a revelation. Mulumbu is injured but certainly looked well up to it in the very brief time we saw him. Likewise Mbokani shows promise. Wisdom is as good as we have so would not be considered a dud. The keeper will most likely remain an unknown though. The jury is out on Andrue. Can he cut in the the PL ? I think there''s a bit of money left and a couple of spaces in the squad so it will be interesting to see where we strengthen come January. No one saw Johnson leaving so we may be in for a surprise.

I think Andrue was probably a mistake. He has hardly played and is now at Rotherham until January so nowhere near our first team. I have been far from convinced that Wisdome is a quality full back. our last full back loan was Kyle Naughton and he was class in comparison.

The other signings have been excellent or look very promising.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]With the "so far" qualifier, your own explanations of Mulumbu and Andreu is that they are duds.[/quote]No that is YOUR wish to misrepresent what I said. ''Mulumbu is injured but certainly looked well'' shows that. The ''so far'' bit merely relatres to those signed since AN has been here. Stop acting like as child.

I have to admit that this was a bit of a concern for me. Andreu clearly didn''t improve the squad and AN''s lack of experience at Premiership level worried me when the recent window opened.

Yet again there was no need for concern and the guy has stepped up to the plate and delivered. The new arrivals have definitely brought something extra at very reasonable prices.

You''re the one who wrote the OP. I merely pointed out its fallacy and/or poor wording. You come back with an apparent hissy fit and accuse me of acting like a child? Grow up. Oh, and learn to express yourself or expect to be taken at your (badly written) word.

AN has done very well on the transfer frontLook at the shambles last summer = squad of duds which we are still trying to offloadVoo (Looks like we are stuck with him - now refusing to go on loan - has he got 1 or 2 years left on his £30K per week contract)Lafferty (AN does not rate him - enough said)San Miqel (gone at a big loss thank goodness)Grandles (why oh why)2 x Centre Halves  - both now goneDavid McD has had his work cut out shifting that lot - no wonder the club was trying to raise additionsal cash by selling 3 year season tickets recently - the wages must be cripplingBack AN - even tho we appear to have a shambolic scouting system - someone knows what they are doing, it appears that most of our signings are recommendations via word of mouth

.[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]You''re the one who wrote the OP. I merely pointed out its fallacy and/or poor wording. You come back with an apparent hissy fit and accuse me of acting like a child? Grow up. Oh, and learn to express yourself or expect to be taken at your (badly written) word.[/quote] What a tedious little twonk you are. If you are not capable of joining in the thread then why not go and play with the traffic instead.

Wisdom does not add much playing at RB. He lacks quality when attacking, I think he should be tried at CB otherwise Andreu looks the only one that doesn''t improve the team.

Regarding Voo, Neil has said that he rates him and believes he has the makings of a premiership player but needed to work on his defence. The loan agreement was always with the intention of returning to fight for a place back at Norwich after he got playing time.

Some posters just love to put a negative spin on things. Pathetic.

AN made it quite clear that both VOO and even Andreu will be in his plans at some point this season. Both need to work on elements of their game which stuck in the U21''s they would not gain anything from. Their loans are to get them match fit and help them work on the areas required. We have a very competitive midfield, VOO would probably get in many bottom half prem starting 11s given the chance, but that''s the level of competition we have in the squad which can only be a good thing.

I agree with that AJ and with Kent''s comments as well. Odjidja-Ofoe offers a different option at CM as a forceful player pushing forward with the ability to score as well. He can also play as an AM. Andreu offers a different option at AM in that he also has the qualities of a second striker, as his goal scoring at Hamilton shows. McGrandles was an Adams signing, but given that he only turned 20 last week, it''s a bit soon to be writing him off just yet. Wisdom has done well enough at RB so far and also offers back-up at CB, so I can''t see any duds at all.

If you can''t take legitimate criticism of your comments, perhaps you should change your qualifier from "so far" to "only those who agree that a dud isn''t one who''s barely played and for all I know he never will are invited to respond to my poorly written, contradictory post".

That way you won''t come across as such a twonk.

Gopher - take a step back and notice how every one else appears to have interpreted what the chap said as he intended it. Don''t be so bloody minded and pedantic.

Also, have an open mind in regards to what some people view a failure as.

I agree with most on here. VOO is very much at the end of a rehabilitation from a serious injury, he just needed some competetive, meaningful game time. He''s named in our squad for this season and I''m sure we''ll see more of him.

Wisdom is interesting, was he signed as competition or as an understudy? If the first he''s perhaps got a bit of way to go yet, if the latter he''s done ok when called upon. Defenitely good enough going forward, maybe not as good defensively.

AJ wrote the following post at 01/10/2015 12:58 PM:

AN made it quite clear that both VOO and even Andreu will be in his plans at some point this season.. We have a very competitive midfield, VOO would probably get in many bottom half prem starting 11s given the chance, but that''s the level of competition we have in the squad which can only be a good thing.

AJ stay off the magic mushrooms - Voo would get in most Prem midfields in the bottom half of the league - dream on, no chance

Did not notice the rush of offers for him in the summer - tell me how many games has he started for Norwich in the League in 15 months ?

Chicken, the OP sat here for 15 hours ignored by all. I pointed out what it said contradicted itself. Young Wickerbatshit threw a fit, and in the process clarified what he actually meant. THEN comments came in.

Truth be told, I brought back this thread from early death. Wickerknickers should have been gracious for the revival and an opportunity to clarify himself to the dozens who came before me and thought such stupidity as the OP wasn''t worth comment.

WickyStickynuts, you''re welcome.

Where were you in those first 15 hours?

At work.

Then I read it and roundly thought it wasn''t a bad opinion. I didn''t feel moved to comment on it though.

Then you popped up with your snarky remarks and now you are on a big ego trip. Well done for being a bully and making yourself look like a mug.