Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Come back Malky.....please!.

We were wrong, I was wrong and the club was wrong. Please come back big man, and add some balls to the defence.

We know it hasn''t worked out well at West Ham, but I for one, would have you back in a short, anyone agree?.

But it would only be for one season. That''s if we get promoted of course, as Worthy doesn''t rate him as a Premiership defender.  But to answer your question, yes would love to see him back, he would die for this club.

maybe, but why sign malky when we can sign a younger player that would last and could cope in the premier league when we return?

And so Malky can wait, he knows it''s too late as the striker waltzs on by.

A goal slides away

But don''t look back in anger, I heard Wizard say

I didn''t want him to leave in the first place, but I don''t really want him back, it never seems to work out somehow.

Put all your mystical efforts into getting Leigh Bromby Wiz, Ive tried making wishes and crossing fingers etc but to no avail.

Short answer - no.

Long answer - he was far too slow before he left and ain''t getting any quicker. "Things" haven''t worked out at West Ham because he wasn''t good enough.

Shack and Doc. You heard it here first. Well you didn''t, but anyway, mark my words - Shack and Doc, the defensive pairing to take us to the prem and beyond.

Nobody has yet explained to me what Doherty did that was so bad, apart from look at the odd camera or two. Anyone?

[quote]Short answer - no. Long answer - he was far too slow before he left and ain''t getting any quicker. "Things" haven''t worked out at West Ham because he wasn''t good enough. Shack and Doc. You heard it ...[/quote]

Mook: If we still have to suffer Fleming, then don''t expect me to believe that Malky would be any worse than him, because I won''t.

Fleming always gets picked ahead of anyone else ( just why escapes me!) so why not take a risk on the big man?.

Is the Doc any quicker or more skillful than Makay?, I don''t think so.

[quote]Mook: If we still have to suffer Fleming, then don''t expect me to believe that Malky would be any worse than him, because I won''t. Fleming always gets picked ahead of anyone else ( just why escapes m...[/quote]

We have Jason Shackell...a new and improved Malky

Doherty is quicker than Malky, how you could think otherwise is baffling.

Why a defender needs to be skillful I don''t know? Sol Campbell, John Terry, Jean-Alain Boumsoung, Gareth Southgate, Richard Dunne to name a few, all seem to manage to be top class defenders without being overly skillful.

Doherty has vast Premiership experience, Malky does not...Doherty is a regular Republic of Ireland international...Malky can''t even get in to the Scotland squad anymore. Malky is 34, Doherty is 24...

Next!

Doherty is good. Everyone things he is bad because its become steroetypical. Just because he looks as if hes a donkey doesnt mean he cant be a solid champ defender

Wiz, you''re right, it''s baffling that Flem played every game last year - he wasn''t even the better of the two when Malks was here!

But two wrongs don''t make a right. Doherty is better than Malky, he is better than Fleming and he is - probably - still better than Shackell. Shackell has potential, but Doc has played well at the highest level.

We just need to give him his confidence back and I''m sure we will have a great player.

If only we knew where Fleming has stashed the negatives.

What makes it worse. I heard the sheep was REALLY ugly ...

Sometimes in sport, players gel really well meaning their partnership is better than the some of the parts. I think that was the case with Fleming and Malky, neither has looked nearly as good since they have split up. So why did Worthy break the partnership? He must have realised we needed at least one CB with pace, Doc has better pace than both of them, Shacks too. Did he get rid of the right player? I think so - Malky looked very poor at West Ham. I think last season Fleming looked much better when both Edworthy (he was often out of position leaving Flem too much to cover) and Holt (no need to cover this subject again!) were replaced.

Malky is too old now to consider getting back, anyway how often does it work if you try to recreate some past achievements? Very seldom - never go back.

I would like to see Shacks and Doc together this season, but I expect Fleming will play a big part for us still.

Honestly 1st wiz - and you have the cheek to start a thread called stupid posters!

OTBC 

[quote]Honestly 1st wiz - and you have the cheek to start a thread called stupid posters! OTBC[/quote]

I take it that you don''t want my autograph then Zipper?. 

Seriously, if Flemo can make the squad (and will!) then so could Malky.

To argue against that, you would have to agree that Worthy is right to stick with Fleming.

Think carefully before you answer!.

I''ll argue against it Wizard. You''re wrong on your thought and Worthy is wrong to have stuck with Fleming so far as a starter ( we have not yet seen what''s going to happen this season ). However, overall, Worthy is doing a reasonably good job.

P.S. Careful thought is not required before answering one of your questions. 

[quote]I''ll argue against it Wizard. You''re wrong on your thought and Worthy is wrong to have stuck with Fleming so far as a starter ( we have not yet seen what''s going to happen this season ). However, over...[/quote]

Ah, but the question wasn''t directed at you to answer, was it Yankee?.

Mind you, a typical response from our colonial friend, you really have lived too long over the pond, you''re even starting to sound like an arrogant Yank, minus the God damnit!.

Come yew back to Norfolk bor!.

[quote]I take it that you don''t want my autograph then Zipper?. Seriously, if Flemo can make the squad (and will!) then so could Malky. To argue against that, you would have to agree that Worthy is righ...[/quote]

Hi Wiz, more than happy to answer you as I will not back down from a discussion like some psoters - I have just been enjoying a day in the sun at the beach in preference to logging onto a pc.

During our championship season we started the first half dozen games conceeding MORE goals per game than the previous three years, with Malky and Flem at the heart of the defence again.  We then sign a footballing god who happens to be our bets defensive signing in years - yup that hux; and suddenly that shaky defence is converted into a sound partnership.  However throughout the year Flem comfortably out-performed Malky - I will continue to use Malkys performance against preston/fuller on the last home game to highlight how poor he would have been in the prem.  Malky has his strengths but we would have lost sight of them for his weaknesses in the prem - just as Flem was exposed too.  Flem read a game better than Malky and was positionally better too - but both of these aspects were Flems undoing in the prem; if flem struggled - and boy did he - Malky would have been worse.

Despite the rose inted glasses for malky it was not aerial weaknesses that were our problem last year it was an ability to know how to defend, where to postion yourself and understanding that you cannot conceed a yard that cost us relegation - Malky would have been worse on every count of these than flem.    

Since leaving us age has caught up with him and at WHU Malky looked like a decent champs defender whos time had passed.  I agree that Flem is no better - and I campaigned for his dropping harder than most; this season we must see the back of him but if he plays that is worthys error - we cant make it worse by bringing back a dinosaur!   Doc and Shacks are our defensive future - embrace it; it will be secure this season.   I cant yet say that about our midfield.

OTBC

PS - I''ll willingly take your autograph - I am not a wiz out type of poster; I just think you are wrong/''stupid'' on this one!

PPS - I have nothing to apologise for over Damo - like you I agree he was poor against fulham just like 9 of his team mates.  At least damo has consistently disappeared over 2 seasons with us - wht was everyone elses excude?

OTBC

Doc will be a defensive dynamo next season.  He has come back from the summer break having lost a stone and apparently looks excellent.

Mark my words - Ginger Pele will rule the Fizzy League.

[quote]Hi Wiz, more than happy to answer you as I will not back down from a discussion like some psoters - I have just been enjoying a day in the sun at the beach in preference to logging onto a pc. During ...[/quote]

Zipper: As I live at the hot and shinny seaside, I get sick of it, and prefer the old pc at times.

Very rarely a poster will come along and have me completely stumped with a well thought out reply, so well thought out, that try as I might, I cannot defend against it.

I will not insult your intellegence, by trying to argue against you here. You have managed the virtually impossible mate in beating me, well done.

There were some very sad truth''s in your reply (which I had not even consider) and the thought of not seeing anymore of Malky''s crucial goals is a tad disapointing.

Still, congratulations on ''stuffing me'' in the debate stakes, you are in a select group of one, it must have been the sunshine mate!.

Point 1: I was gutted when Malky was sold
Point 2: Fleming struggled all season long and so would Malky
Point 3: How many players who return to a club having failed elsewhere then go on to succeed? I''m sure there are one or two but there are far more who simply confirm the original decision to let them leave in the first place
Point 4: Today''s EDP suggests that Doherty has recognised one of his failings last season - being overweight - I can remember another expensive ''flop'' who was castigated in his first season and was overweight - Iwan Roberts..........''nuff said I think