Sign in to follow this  
Bomber

We may have to do a Leicester

So Alex Neil does not want to have to do a Leicester and have to win 7 out of the last 9 games to stay up. Sorry Alex but that looks like the way it is going unless we start picking up home points against teams that are so called in the same class bracket as us. We are not going to do it against the top six at home (we may do but I would not put my mortgage on it) so unless we start the business at home then I think we will be in dire straits. It''s ok the players bleating about how well we done to get a point at Liverpool and West Ham but that is all thrown away today. Personally I cannot see us winning another game good enough to scrap out a point here and there but that is about it.

[quote user="Bomber"]Personally I cannot see us winning another game good enough to scrap out a point here and there but that is about it.[/quote]

LOL This can''t be serious. You can''t see us winning another game all season? Wow.

[quote user="Bomber"]Personally I cannot see us winning another game good enough to scrap out a point here and there but that is about it.[/quote]
Personally, I can detect more than a passing whiff of bin.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"][quote user="Bomber"]Personally I cannot see us winning another game good enough to scrap out a point here and there but that is about it.[/quote]
Personally, I can detect more than a passing whiff of bin.
[/quote]Recent experience tells me you have that smell permanently lodged up one nostril.Do you live too close to the border?

Definitely not a Bin live in Hellesdon been supporting the yellows all my life (55 years) probably a little overboard with the not winning another game but definitely need to start picking up these home points

Norwich are already 5 points above the drop zone.Although I struggle to get my head round it as they always seemed like a bargain-basement team in the ''80s, Leicester are now 4th.

No, their best Prem. finish is 8th, in the ''99 - 2000 season.O''Neill took Villa to somewhere around 3rd.

Memory plays tricks. I sure Ian Marshall scored 20 goals as they finished top four and won a trophy. I will use Google to remind me of the things I have forgotten or misunderstood.

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]Memory plays tricks. I sure Ian Marshall scored 20 goals as they finished top four and won a trophy. I will use Google to remind me of the things I have forgotten or misunderstood.[/quote]There''s a Wiki page just for your questionWiki - Leicecter''s Seasons

No wonder they stayed up last year, they worked their b0llocks off.

I absolutely hate seeing us out-worked, I''m still fuming today at the lazy feckers but credit to Leicester, they won because their players wanted it more.

Our passing looked to poor because to a man everyone hid, no one could be bothered to show for the ball or move into a dangerous area, Jerome was woeful, was like a statue, lazily following their defensive line and avoiding getting involved.

I am so p1ssed off! We don''t have any money, we absolutely have to be the hardest working team in the league. No complaints after S''oton, we were outplayed by a much better football team, yesterday were were outrun and out fought...absolutely gutting.

It was actually kind of annoying to know that AN wasn''t going to say anything to them post match as he never does apparently. My biggest bug bear in football is movement (or lack of) off the ball, I hate rigid teams which is why I could never accept Hughton or Adams. AN encourages this and the players simply didn''t carry out instructions yesterday because they weren''t up to battling with a more motivated team. I''m really surprised people clapped at the end, they really let us down in an important game

Southampton were awful when they played us, it''s just we were worse. That game was far more annoying for me. We seemed to have forgotten how to anything good that we''d been doing up until then.

Yesterday we did show fight and desire, it just came too late and the damage as already done. Leicester had a perfect game plan, very well executed. They were quick to close down, tight to each player and didn''t give our creative players any space. We had the lion share of possesion but weren''t allowed to do anything constructive with it.

[quote user="Kurious Oranj"]Southampton were awful when they played us, it''s just we were worse. That game was far more annoying for me. We seemed to have forgotten how to anything good that we''d been doing up until then.

Yesterday we did show fight and desire, it just came too late and the damage as already done. Leicester had a perfect game plan, very well executed. They were quick to close down, tight to each player and didn''t give our creative players any space. We had the lion share of possesion but weren''t allowed to do anything constructive with it.[/quote]Surely then the obvious counter to such tactics is pace. Should AN have brought Redmond on sooner?

The answer certainly was pace. We started the 2nd half very quickly and created chances. Unfortunately we were then undone by a very good counter attacking team so unfortunately not having Redmond start and use his pace from the off we gave Leicester the chance to get in front and then play their well practiced counter attacking game. It could''ve been more if not for Ruddy making some great saves.

Leicester sat back for the first 10 mins and saw what we had to offer. They then pressed quickly (what we should''ve been doing) and got themselves in front. It''s one of the few times I think AN has got the starting formation wrong and we played right into their gameplan.

We were far from awful but they had an answer to all we had to offer, including when we were the better team towards the end of the game - they already had enough goals to win the game.