Sign in to follow this  
Acciesman

Alex Neil Back at Accies

I managed to get a quick word & a handshake from Alex at the Accies v Celtic match today. He got a fantastic welcome from everyone, & it was great to see that he still cares about his old club.

It''s refreshing that a manager can leave a club for another and still maintain the respect and affection from fans, players & directors alike. It''s a pity he didn''t bring his boots as I''m sure that his presence on the park could have turned a narrow 2-1 defeat by Celtic into repeat of our victory against them on the corresponding weekend last season.

Good to see that Norwich have got off to a solid start this season, despite your blip yesterday, and everyone at Accies is rooting for you to stay up and re-establish yourselves as a permanent fixture in the EPL.

Many of us here are watching with interest the progress at your club. A proper football club. Close run thing against Celtic. Weird stats at Aberdeen with only 6 shots all match, all on target and all goals. Assumes the BBC stats are accurate of course. Best of luck this season.

Carlton is doing okay. He''s got potential & has got a couple of goals for us, but picked up an injury about 3 weeks ago and has struggled a bit since. He missed a great chance to equalise today when it was 2-1 & was subbed.

I think his spell up here will toughen him up, & I hope he goes on to great things at Carrow Road. He is still a long way off being ready for the EPL.

I genuinely thought that Tony Andreu would do well for you, but he seems to have struggled to make an impact. I see he is on loan & doing okay at Rotherham, and I really hope he can come back to Norwich & do well.

Thanks for posting Acciesman, don''t be a stranger and pop on when you can

Agree with City Angel that it''s nice to here from Accies supporters.Pity you couldn''t beat the Bhoys but it was close. Accies seem to have got off to a good solid start this season following the alarming slide after AN''s departure. He knows what he''s doing and seems to have settled well into the Premier League and I''d say that although it won''t be easy most of us think we''ll still be there next year.Good luck for the season.

Thanks for your kind words. It''s good to be able to have civilised communications with supporters of other clubs. There''s often too much hate, cynicism & negativity on club message boards.

I think that there is a genuine mutual respect between Accies & Norwich, and that includes both fans & club officials.

It reminds me of the bond that we had with Wigan after they signed James McCarthy & James McArthur as well as having our ex Asst Manager Graeme Jones. Wigan with the Ex Accies boys went as far as winning the FA Cup against Man City & the 2 James leaving Wigan for a total of £20M. I took my son to the Wembley final & it was a great day .

I''d love to see history repeat itself with Norwich winning the cup with Alex & Frankie on the bench & Tony Andreu breaking into the team. Here''s hoping !!

[quote user="Acciesman"]Thanks for your kind words. It''s good to be able to have civilised communications with supporters of other clubs. There''s often too much hate, cynicism & negativity on club message boards.[/quote]Hmmm.... I wouldn''t read too deep into this forum then. You might change that opinion quite quickly [:D]Thanks for the update mate. It''s not the first Scottish score I look out for every weekend. Glad you''ve made a better start this season.