Sign in to follow this  
Murphy and the Bricks

Gound move/relocations

Given that pretty much all you have posted is either innaccurate or simply extremely misleading their is little point in trying to answer any of it. What I would say however is that McNally and the board both recognise that there is no need for any increase in capacity. This is why it has been quietly forgot. The club has no wish to heavily indebt itself for peanuts. It gets it''s money from the share of TV rights. The only no brainer is yourself.

[quote user="AllenWickerbasket"]Given that pretty much all you have posted is either innaccurate or simply extremely misleading their is little point in trying to answer any of it. What I would say however is that McNally and the board both recognise that there is no need for any increase in capacity. This is why it has been quietly forgot. The club has no wish to heavily indebt itself for peanuts. It gets it''s money from the share of TV rights. The only no brainer is yourself.[/quote]No need? Quietly forgotten? There is a need and a long-term financial argument, which is why the idea hasn''t been forgotten. True, the project was kicked into the long grass in September 2012. I get the sense circumstances may more recently have nudged it a smidgen back towards the boundary edge. We shall see.

The club wouldn''t need to indebt itself either. Can''t remember the actual figures but if we are to get £90m from TV money in a season or two, then even paying in cash lump sum the full £30m (if that is what it is, which still seems incredibly high)we''d still have £60m to buy more Robbie Bradys and pay their wages.

I''m not sure if this means anything, but there were various colour paint marks on the pavement and road behind the city stand on Saturday, appearing to indicate where all the utility pipes/connections were. Looked like gas, electric, water and drainage.

There is only one reason I can think of to perform such a task and that is because they are going to be moved/built over?

Can anyone with a better knowledge expand on this?

Possibly Morty, but they were on the pavement too, it all looked vary purposeful, arrows, etc.

[quote user="TCCANARY"]

[quote]

user="As my login causes problems [ :o) ]"]Surely you should be looking at towns/cities without a premiership team who have a wealthy backer and would move us there. I quite fancy becoming Staines Canaries FC.[/quote]

Who is the wealthy backer in Staines?

[/quote]

Ali G!

I''m pretty sure any ground expansion will take place after the club is sold,which may not be too far away into the future.Consider the following:We own all our assetsDebt freeLittle spent on playing staff (relatively speaking )Healthy bank balanceAgeing majority shareholders who wouldn''t want much in returnThe best City in the country ( says another thread ).A very good likelihood of bonanza payments in next few yearsA first class, young managerAll very very attractive.

[quote user="Ray"]I''m not sure if this means anything, but there were various colour paint marks on the pavement and road behind the city stand on Saturday, appearing to indicate where all the utility pipes/connections were. Looked like gas, electric, water and drainage.

There is only one reason I can think of to perform such a task and that is because they are going to be moved/built over?

Can anyone with a better knowledge expand on this?[/quote]I can answer that, Ray, because I saw it being done. Alex Neil had been trying to explain to the rest of the defence how to cover Russell Martin when he goes on one of those Franco Baresi-style forays upfield.It all got a bit complicated (as you might imagine) and Neil quickly ran out of blackboard space indoors at Carrow Road, so everyone went out on to the pavement so he could carry on with the convoluted tactical diagrams...

I am sure those marks are leftovers from the days of Askou/Nelson/Doherty. A little betting game people used to play.

Purple, you could be right, and on that basis I think Whitts ended up in Morrisons car park, Wes ended up on the 3.27 to Liverpool Street and Tettey was watching the afternoon performance at the Odeon!!

If a team sells 95% + tickets each game, then expansion certainly is needed. There must be several thousand people who''d like to attend games but don''t because there aren''t any good seats available. Often there are only singles and pairs, but a dad wanting to bring his kids needs more than 2 together, and someone wanting a seat between the goal lines is sadly out of luck. There should be upper decks between the lines. People often prefer those seats because they offer a far better view all game long than end zone seats. Because of this, the team can charge a lot more for them, and pay off construction even quicker. It looks better to players deciding what team to Sig for.

Corporate boxes also generate a ton of money. Are there any at Carrow Road? If not, put them between the new upper deck and existing lower decks.

You are wise, kingsway. Wise, realist, and optimistic. Unfortunately, that sort of approach to life is frowned upon by many on here. Look to the future with fear and trepidation, view our gloriously comfortable present with negativity and suspicion. Do that and they will love you on here. Wickerbicker hates me :)

I went to Anfield and saw the way they are construting there increase in capacity for the main stand while the ground operates as normal. Several years ago the pitch at CR was moved towards the Jarrold and if need be could be moved even further. I see no reason why capacity would need to be reduced or GW season ticket holders moved, when we could do exactly as Liverpool have and build behind and up. Is there any need to actually keep the road, we have good access from either end and if need be we could keep an access tunnel. IMO the hotel area should be re-developed before we tackle anything else its such a waste of useful space.

[quote user="Gainer the Gopher"]If a team sells 95% + tickets each game, then expansion certainly is needed. There must be several thousand people who''d like to attend games but don''t because there aren''t any good seats available. Often there are only singles and pairs, but a dad wanting to bring his kids needs more than 2 together, and someone wanting a seat between the goal lines is sadly out of luck. There should be upper decks between the lines. People often prefer those seats because they offer a far better view all game long than end zone seats. Because of this, the team can charge a lot more for them, and pay off construction even quicker. It looks better to players deciding what team to Sig for. Corporate boxes also generate a ton of money. Are there any at Carrow Road? If not, put them between the new upper deck and existing lower decks.[/quote]

But those end zone seats are much better to see the apex restarts from and apex restarts always mean there''s a chance of seeing a head volley.

[quote user="Capt Bassong"]I went to Anfield and saw the way they are construting there increase in capacity for the main stand while the ground operates as normal. Several years ago the pitch at CR was moved towards the Jarrold and if need be could be moved even further. I see no reason why capacity would need to be reduced or GW season ticket holders moved, when we could do exactly as Liverpool have and build behind and up. Is there any need to actually keep the road, we have good access from either end and if need be we could keep an access tunnel. IMO the hotel area should be re-developed before we tackle anything else its such a waste of useful space.[/quote]

I have been saying exactly the same. It''s actually the only logical thing to do.  There is scope to develop within existing parameters without too much disruption. All it takes is the will and the finance to do it.