Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Why on earth does everyone want Koumas??

Am I the only one who would hate to this is spoilt, egotistical trouble maker at our balanced well run club?  The guy is a menace.  The latest at WBA is that he''s gone AWOL and Robson is going to tear up his contract.  Bloody good idea by the sounds of it!

The guy might have talent but he is a bad apple.  He has a history or laziness and disrupting the dressing room.  Luckily I don''t think Nige would ever go for him.  Wolves are the latest club intersted.  I''m sure he''ll fit in perfectly with the gold scum!

[quote]Am I the only one who would hate to this is spoilt, egotistical trouble maker at our balanced well run club? The guy is a menace. The latest at WBA is that he''s gone AWOL and Robson is going to tear...[/quote]

I''m sorry DD, I''m going to have to disagree with you. Sure, as you say Koumas can be a pain at times, but we have the best manager possible, when it comes down to discipline, yes?.

I think his sheer talent is worth the risk alone, Best, Gazza and Rooney can/could all be sods, but be honest, you would have loved to have had that trio at City!.

Having said that, no, I don''t think Worthy would go for him, too expensive to start with. Unfortunatly if Wolves do get him, we''re going to regret it next May, savvy?.

[quote]Am I the only one who would hate to this is spoilt, egotistical trouble maker at our balanced well run club? The guy is a menace. The latest at WBA is that he''s gone AWOL and Robson is going to tear...[/quote]

We SHOULD sign him for one simple reason, he is sheer quality! Worthy will sort out any attitude problems & he''ll be a great asset. If Wolves sign him they''ll be even stronger next season!

sounds just like francis.

do you reckon they are twins?

Well DD, the fact is that he has great talent.

As has been pointed out, he also has a "head" problem but if NW can get into it, solve it and get him playing to his best we would be laughing. In fact, I would say that not only would we have the best attack but between Safri, Francis, Koumas and Jarrett we would also have the best central midfield in the league. That alone should virtually guarantee a play-off place, tighten up the defence and we would be looking at automatic promotion..........always assuming we didn''t get too many injuries.

If Koumas signs and is sorted out, and assuming money is as tight as it seems to be, I reckon we only need one wide right midfielder to have a real go in this league. OK, we could do with some cover in other areas but I honestly believe that what we have (yes, even in defence) will be strong in this league.

Mark .Y.

The reason DD? quite simply he would be the most technically able player in the division. And he produces it on the pitch as well. He always seemed to play well against us, and i''d rather have him in the side than playing for the other side

I''m with DD on this - he''s a bad apple. No matter how good we think Worthy is, if the player himself doesn''t want to sort himself out, then no-one can help him. A good example would be Stan Collymore - wonderfully gifted but just didn''t want to know. So many managers tried to get him on the straight and narrow but failed, and I fear Koumas falls into the same category. There''s no doubting his ability, but I think he''d be more trouble than he''s worth.

Having said all that, given how desperate we are for players currently, we should be considering all targets! Perhaps Stan would fancy a game.....

the latest on Koumas.

Jason Koumas is close to leaving the club with both West Ham and Wolves considering making a move for the midfield playmaker.
Koumas has fallen out with Bryan Robson, just as he did with previous boss Gary Megson, and has been placed on the transfer list at the club.

More of a creative player than a workhorse, he has found the defence part of his game something difficult to grasp but as a creator he is certainly a good flair player.

Wolves boss Glenn Hoddle wants to take him on a season-long loan but the Baggies would be more interested in a permanent deal and West Ham boss Alan Pardew is said to be considering a £1.25m bid which would be enough to land the player.

Pardew has admitted he wants to add to his ?flair bracket'' for next season and he has been linked with Luis Figo of Real Madrid but the chances of that happening are nil and Koumas is a far more realistic target.