Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Dorrans Call Up

Just announced he''s been called up for Scotland.

Good on him and a good rewards for what has been an excellent run in the team since signing on loan last year. Let''s hope his pal Mulumbu can come good too.

well done Dorrans!

Not if you read the vital Norwich forum, most of the posters think he is cr*p! Still, most fans like to pick on one of the following, Ruddy, Whittaker, Martin, Dorrans, Jerome and Howson to a lesser extent and give them abuse!

I''d just pick on Whittaker :-P

Dorrans has been good, deserves a call up. May he come back even more confident !

Dorrans has always been a class act and has played for Scotland quite a few times before. He had been in the doldrums a bit at West Brom, but before that was a very highly thought of player in the Scotland set up.  His form since coming to Norwich has shown that he is still that class player and his call up reflects that.   How anyone on vitalfootball or anywhere else has decided he is not good enough, is quite beyond me. 

I think most fans realise he''s a decent player. I suppose when people see him on the pitch in place of Hoolahan or Redmond they are outraged - regardless if he''s actually taken their position or not.

There have been numerous times when the team''s been playing well only for AN to take off Hoolahan and give Dorrans & O''Neil game time. The momentum of the game changes quickly. To the paying spectator it''s like turning off the excitement, similar to switching from watching a pulsating spectacle (Olympic 100 sprint final) to watching paint dry.

Well pleased for him but apparently playing for Scotland is no recommendation. Or not in the case of Russ and Whits anyway.....

Six Pack, that you''ve completely and possibly unintentionally hit the nail on the head. He''s a solid, unspectacular footballer but that''s what makes him good. Very similar to Howson.

Whilst O''Neil is never going to be a replacement for Hoolahoop, he''s not intended to be. O''Neil brings experience and sure''s up the midfield when we''re in the dying embers of a game. Let''s not forget O''Neil put in several good performances last year and we shouldn''t forget he''s a good player who''s earned a lot of experience in his career.

AJ I do appreciate the skills Dorrans bring to the team and O''Neil as well. But is he solid and similar to Howson ?- he might have been at the beginning of the season but 8 games in - Howson''s left him behind. At the moment Dorrans is more closer to O''Neil than Howson. Perhaps it''s the role he''s given.

I haven''t always agreed with AN''s selections but with the team chasing goals last week against Leicester - it was Dorrans & Jarvis AN took off rather than Howson & Hoolahan. It was spot on by AN and we almost pulled it off. He keep the players on that he felt had the best chance of breaking down a compact defence and got it right.

Dorrans use to be the dead ball taker, now other people are doing that (Brady, Redmond). He is the new David Fox of the team, passer of the ball but doesn''t take free kick or corners ! People will not see his contribution as enough.