Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Jamie Vardy

Vardy was speedy & incisive - superb all-round. Playing the villain was a bit of Panto stuff - but let''s be honest, Norwich were second-best in most departments today. We could have been 3 or 4 down at half-time...

Best striker I have seen this season. Loads of pace and confidence. Seeing the "penalty" on TV, it was a clumsy tackle inside the box and more than likely to be given. Did not see any sign of a dive.

The incident was right in front of me. Vardy dived and should have been booked. Sadly the angles shown on MOTD didn''t show this. Shame it didn''t get the same amount of analysis as the Southampton claims, think we''d have seen Vardy exposed for the cheat he is. Shame thought he had a decent game and looked promising. The fake injury at the end of the second half disappointed too.

Paul Moy and others on here if you think that was a penalty then you are as deluded as Mr Mourinho, never in a million years did Bassong foul him, annoying prick was looking for it and who else but Clattenburg loves giving dodgy pens against us.......

Shame MOTD didn''t show the incident moments before the penalty when your defender grabbed a handful of Schlupp''s shirt in the box and dragged him down with it. That was the today''s most blatant penalty in the premier league. Clattenburg saw it but wimped out of giving it and then, moments later, feeling guilty he gave us a soft one. But we deserved one penalty at least and one penalty was what we got. Vardy did nothing wrong, he has terrorised better defences than yours this season, so don''t feel too bad about it.

[quote user="FrankieLCFC"]Shame MOTD didn''t show the incident moments before the penalty when your defender grabbed a handful of Schlupp''s shirt in the box and dragged him down with it. That was the today''s most blatant penalty in the premier league. Clattenburg saw it but wimped out of giving it and then, moments later, feeling guilty he gave us a soft one. But we deserved one penalty at least and one penalty was what we got. Vardy did nothing wrong, he has terrorised better defences than yours this season, so don''t feel too bad about it.[/quote]
And your opinion of the photo of our penalty claim?
We also deserved one penalty but got none.
Vardy did nothing wrong? So you didn''t think it was a pathetic dive? and the lying on the floor "injured" for 5 minutes was acceptable and right?
Don''t know how he''s terrorised defences with such a clearly dodgy knee, although I suppose when you can recover from career threatening knee injuries in 8.6 seconds, I suppose he doesn''t spend long on the treatment table.

Vardy was playing with two broken bones in his wrist today. He comes from non-league football. He is many things, but the sort of show pony who fakes injuries he is most definitely not. Sometimes things hurt, a lot, without causing an injury. He was clearly in pain but in time that pain went away, like pain does. That''s basic human biology.

I don''t think he dived either, he got in front of your man and your man piled him over. Sure Vardy could have stayed on his feet but he would have been unbalanced and therefore at a disadvantage. If referees were any good they wouldn''t need players to go down before they''ll give a foul, but you and I both know that if you don''t go down you don''t get the foul. It was a foul, therefore it was a penalty. A soft one, but still a penalty.

We really should stop Whinging about the refs. And Uncle Tom Cobley and all. Feeling hard done by. It was a pen....just. We would be screaming for it.

The team have to start moving the ball around at premiership speed. Not division two speed. On the subject of time wasting. The worst offender is in our own ranks. JR takes an age over every GK. Even when we''re behind.

[quote user="FrankieLCFC"]Vardy was playing with two broken bones in his wrist today. He comes from non-league football. He is many things, but the sort of show pony who fakes injuries he is most definitely not. Sometimes things hurt, a lot, without causing an injury. He was clearly in pain but in time that pain went away, like pain does. That''s basic human biology.

I don''t think he dived either, he got in front of your man and your man piled him over. Sure Vardy could have stayed on his feet but he would have been unbalanced and therefore at a disadvantage. If referees were any good they wouldn''t need players to go down before they''ll give a foul, but you and I both know that if you don''t go down you don''t get the foul. It was a foul, therefore it was a penalty. A soft one, but still a penalty.[/quote]
There''s blue tinted specs, but to say Vardy was legitimately in pain is nonsense and we both know it. He lay motionless for 5 minutes. Hobbled off, taking an eternity to do, and literally 15 seconds later he''d gone from hobbling to sprinting full whack chasing a ball in the channel. He even had a wry smile that was captured by the cameras whilst on the sideline. He wasn''t even subtle, he was just taking the pi55 and frustratingly got away with it.
There''s no contact. Bassong pulls his arm out the way and is clearly not touching him when Vardy goes down like he was shot.
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015/10/03/norwich-city-vs-leicester-city-highlights/#2 << Penalty incident is 31 minutes in. Second replay shows he clearly doesn''t touch him. The below picture is the moment Vardy goes down. There''s no contact, nor before that.The only reason it looks like there''s contact is Vardy flicks his leg up in between Bassong''s (which is not a natural action but looks convincing from the ref''s angle). He drags his left foot on the floor to make it look like he''s been pushed over (on the side that is in the ref''s blind spot). It''s a clever dive, but it is an absolute dive, and I don''t know how anyone can watch it again and say otherwise.
After Hobbling off with physio "supporting him", and being in clearly immense discomfort. Within 10 seconds of getting to the sideline, this was Vardy''s face:
Him and the physio were having a right old laugh at something. I wonder what... Amazing how quickly his spirits lifted considering the agony he''d been in less than 30 seconds earlier.
http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2015/10/03/norwich-city-vs-leicester-city-highlights/#3  <<<  Injury incident starts at 34:30 - He comes back on the pitch around 38:30. By 39:09 He had taken the ball down out the air, run full sprint, twisting and turning on his knee taking on the defender and hit a right footed shot. I''m sure his knee was agony. I know we all have our club allegiance and bias, but to claim this was a legitimate injury and not timewasting is nothing short of ridiculous. No-one is begrudging you the win, I think we all concede on the balance of play you deserved it, but Vardy is a cheating scumbag and to lose because of his antics leaves a sour taste.

I half expect us to hear reports in a couple of weeks of this ref ''apologising'' once again for the penalty decision, like at West Ham a few seasons ago - which is great when you''ve already lost the games. Perhaps if the tw@t got the decisions right it might be better. There''s no way it was a pen - he pulled a fast one, Bassong and several of our players knew it and now so does Crappenburg.

I don''t think Vardy pulled a fast one. I also think it was an incredibly soft pen. Just two players coming together. Sadly refs don''t look at it logically sometimes.

Neither player for me, could be considered in controll of the ball and it wasn''t a case of denying a goal scoring oppertunity.

For me the fact Bassong wasn''t booked despite being the last man says it all.

That said no one can deny that in open play they could have been further ahead. In some ways, due to the effort in the 2nd half we probably deserved a draw - nothing more. However, for me, this is down to AN not making changes when it was clear they were needed.

Vardy is a good player. Pacey and yet niggly and strong. The way he is playing Leicester will be lucky to hold onto him in January/next summer.

When you are playing against pace and counter attacking teams. You are best off not giving them all that space in behind. Ask them to find the space rather than give it to them.

We don''t get decisions. I''ve just given up now, I don''t even get that worked up about it. I watch a hell of a lot of football, as much as I possibly can and I''ve never known a team to be as unlucky with officials as us. It seems like every other game we have to play against 12 men

Leicester were better than us in every department and deserved the win, really good team. They wanted it a lot more and got the result they deserved. They should have thrashed us actually with how lazy we were today if it wasn''t for Ruddy and some last ditch defending.

Shite performance, even worse biased ref yet again and we have a right to feel hard done by as we were cheated but anything but a loss would have flattered us hugely today. Our play wasn''t that awful but our work rate was shocking pass and MOVE...MOVE!!! It''s really basic stuff

The amount of time they were playing the ball in our box it was only a matter of time before someone went down. Don''t let them get into our box !

Sadly, football treats such antics as acceptable, even to be encouraged. Vardy went down looking for a pen, and got it. He then feigned injury , wasted the appropriate amount of time , and got away with that too. The comical "cramp" - coincidentally at exactly the same time as the player was due to come off anyway - was another example.

You cant help but feel until something like this is highlighted in detail , it will always continue. Vardy was a disgrace, but will enjoy the plaudits of his manager and supporters , a quiet pat on the back from the coaches and so it will continue.

In no other walk of life would a man be seemingly unable to walk one minute then sprinting the next minute and apparently no one bats an eye lid? Battenburg couldn''t do anything about it. It''s footballs problem. But one they don''t seem willing to address.

I would -and have many times - done the same thing as Vardy.

Bassong is the wrong side, the referee is behind the play, going a little away from goal, not a clear cut position to score from...

...brake test the defender, penalty every time in Italy.

The main error is the flat, static Norwich back line and a slow reaction. Striker is far faster mentally and plays the odds.

Clever play. Sorry.

Parma

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]I would -and have many times - done the same thing as Vardy.

Bassong is the wrong side, the referee is behind the play, going a little away from goal, not a clear cut position to score from...

...brake test the defender, penalty every time in Italy.

The main error is the flat, static Norwich back line and a slow reaction. Striker is far faster mentally and plays the odds.

Clever play. Sorry.

Parma[/quote]

Clever my aspe. It''s cheating, pure and simple and it does no credit to the sport, whenever or wherever it happens.

Alex Neil:

"Watching it in real time I thought the player played for it. It is amused one to call. He has stopped his body and gone down, which you could argue is good striking for their point of view, but for us it is about losing a slack ball in the middle of the park. That was unnecessary and that is what cost us."

Parma

Which basically says Parma, that only Leicester people and Clattenburg thought it was a penalty, and every man and his dog (it was right in front of me) thought it was a dive. It wasn''t ''clever'' play, it was a dive, and Football needs to stop trying to justify this sort of action, as it makes it look stupid

"Watching it in real time I thought the player played for it. It is a hard one to call. He has stopped his body and gone down, which you could argue is good striking for their point of view, but for us it is about losing a slack ball in the middle of the park. That was unnecessary and that is what cost us."

What Alex Neil is saying is: "lads, forget about refereeing, forget about whether it was soft [I wouldn''t have stepped in and corrected the red and refused the penalty if one of you was that clever].

Let''s look at what we did wrong, where we can improve, what we can control ourselves."

This is good management.

In terms of the penalty "playing for it" or "soft" or "stopping his body" (my phrase was ''brake testing'') is as Alex Neil says "good striking play".

It is not the same as diving, which is cheating. Norwich made a mistake, Bassong is the wrong side which allows Vardy to be professional. Welcome to the big leagues boys, fine margins.

Parma

There''s a lot of bitter fans on here. The fact is, we lost because we were terrible in the first half. And the reason why they''ve had 4 penalties is because teams can''t live with Vardy''s pace and tenacity, it''s that simple. We won''t be the first and we won''t be the last.

All those slating him would absolutely love him here. So you know you...

For what it''s worth, we were good in the 2nd half. Not good enough for a point IMO though. Would have been lucky to get an equaliser after such a poor display in the first half.

[quote user="Parma Hams gone mouldy"]

In terms of the penalty "playing for it" or "soft" or "stopping his body" (my phrase was ''brake testing'') is as Alex Neil says "good striking play".

It is not the same as diving, which is cheating. Norwich made a mistake, Bassong is the wrong side which allows Vardy to be professional. Welcome to the big leagues boys, fine margins.

Parma[/quote]

Sorry, that''s tosh.  It''s this kind of damaging attitude that prevails throughout football, yet most fans can see through it as blatant cheating.  Norwich players do it too, so it''s not an us or against them thing. Forcing a penalty by making a movement thats intended to make it look as if a player is fouling you is cheating.  Pure and simple.  Nowhere in the rules does it say ot is ok to do that, in fact quite the opposite.  It''s supposed to be a sport but there is a culture within it that says it is ok to go down if you are good enough to make it look as if it is real - and then the penalty or free kick is somehow justified.     Vardy''s "brake testing" fall was no better than any other footballer who dives to get a decision.  "Welcome to the big leagues boys, fine margins" - maybe - but cheating is still cheating, however you dress it up.

To be fair LDC, I think Parma''s point is essentially, despite what we as fans may or may not like, the Vardy pen is commonplace in the Premier League and other leagues around the world. So he''s right in saying the mistake was Bassong being the wrong side. It allows the opportunity.
I''m not a fan of what Vardy did, essentially tricking the ref. But there''s no point us complaining about it, we can''t be the one club that decides to go against the grain and not do exactly what Vardy did. Hopefully Wes will get the opportunity to do the same thing as Vardy against Newcastle.