Sign in to follow this  
Dean Coney?

Bit of advice...

Afternoon,

Just after some advice really and to gauge peoples opinion as to whether this is an okay thing to do.

The first game my father went to at Carrow Road was the 6-0 demolition of Stoke City in March 1963 and a chap called Jim Oliver got a hatrick in that game.

Now, I think I''ve found that Jim Oliver still actually lives in Norwich and as it''s my fathers birthday soon I thought a good present would be a retro City shirt that I could get framed and hopefully signed by Jim Oliver.

So, the question is, is it okay to knock on the door of a 72 year old man in the hope that it is actually the correct Jim Oliver and ask that he sign the shirt for me.

What do people think?

I would put a note through his door with a telephone number and ask him to call if he''s happy to do it (and he''s the same Jim Oliver!). Less confrontational and less pressure.

How spooky is that as it was also my very first game which was played on 9th March 1963 and that 6-0 victory was followed 4 days later on 13th with a 5-0 win over Newcastle in the FA Cup which was my second game.