Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

Should we take McVeigh off the transfer list?

Imo McVeigh could be quite useful next season as we may soon have no right winger. Also i dont think we would get much in selling him so do you think we should take him off the transfer list?

IMO he is probably only on there because worthy had anticipated buying a few quality players, which he may still do, but for now i think we should possibly keep McVeigh.

what are your thoughts?

Agreed. If we buy a few players then fair enough, maybe we could use him in a trade A la Holt.

But for now he is a useful player in the championship, not a first choice, but adds depth.

Totally agree.
The wee man has shown he''s a handful at this level and if nothing else, he''s an able deputy for Hucks down the left.
Could well even be pretty tasty up front with Ashton. Be interesting to see.

Right now I think we definately need him. He obviously is now very experienced at this level and we know he can do a good job. Unless we sign 2 new wingers then we certainly need him here. As long as he''s fit that is.

No leave him on the transfer list as he had ample opportunity to get into the team last year, but like Mulryne, he didn''t seem to want to make the effort.

I would like to see him stay. I thought he put in a decent effort last night - even though it was only Dereham as the opposition. He put some decent balls into the box, which unfortunately on the night, neither Ashton nor McKenzie could capatilise on. Let''s keep the wee chappie.

He is definately good cover in the Championship - and he has the best song!!

He''s definately goo enough for the Championship. I don''t think we should take him off just yet, but if we can''t buy anyone else we''ll have to as we''ll need him.

Having watched him last evening I thought he showed a good attitiude (as did Francis) and would suggest that he should certainly be part of the set up for the coming season.  I also thought that some of the younger players on show showed considerable promise and at least one of them could force his way into first team reckoning. 

No, keep him. His attitude recently has impressed Worthy, who has shown that he has no time for players who don''t give 100%.Bearing in mind that there seems little money in the transfer kitty, apart from the proceeds of sales to Europe, we are not likely to buy in anyone much better than him, spreading the funds over four or five players. Unless there is an immediate prospect of selling him for a significant price, which seems unlikely, he may be at least a squad player and he could be rejuvenated as he was a season or two back.