Sign in to follow this  
Bannana Boy

Elliot Bennet

Joined Bristol City on loan until Jan.

Hopefully a good opportunity to get some minutes and come back stronger.

Does this leave us a little light on the right though? I guess not, but don''t we only have one genuine right-sided winger?

http://www.canaries.co.uk/news/article/norwich-city-elliott-bennett-bristol-city-loan-2733276.aspx

I think he''ll probably leave us either in Jan or in the summer when his contract ends - he''s simply not getting enough game time with us. I''ll be sad to see him go but he simply needs to be playing regular football at this stage of his career. A shame as before his injury under Lambert he looked a really hot prospect but he hasn''t got age behind him any more and at 26 needs to be getting regular game time. He''s now behind Redmond, Brady and Jarvis in the pecking order as a winger so sensible to see him go out on Loan.

Surprised to see he has only scored 3 goals for us, one of those is a pre-season game though so I''m not sure it counts?

As for being short of wingers, Jarvis is happy enough to play on the right so that''s Redmond and Jarvis able to play there - plus if we get short we''ve got Howson and Dorrans who could also fill in there. With Wisdom in on loan as well he''s no longer required as back-up for RB either. The loan is only until January so I''m assuming we''ll probably bring in a young replacement should we let him go.

It''s a shame that he''s just never looked like the same player after his injury. I''ll never forget the winner he scored at Spurs.

When we played Rotherham in the cup recently, Vadis was playing on the right wing and gave their fullback a torrid time. Near the end he was taken off and EB brought on, and it was noticeable that their fullback found him pretty easy to deal with. Also when there were a couple of throw-ins in tight areas and the usual pushing and shoving was going on, I noticed that the fullback was basically just able to lever EB out the way, whereas Vadis had physically dominated him. Which wouldn''t bode well for the idea of moving EB back to fullback.

Maybe if he gets some regular game time on loan he could get back to full strength but I''d have to agree it looks more like he''ll be moving on.

I suppose that there is a difference between viable back-ups and nearly men (or players who have become nearly men) in the squad.

The latter, who look unlikely to ever figure in a match-day squad, need to be sold or moved on in some way in order to reduce the wages bill.

Unfortunately EB is now in this category, IMO, along with Michael Turner, who is now out on loan, RVW (of course) and possibly Tony Andreu.