Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Tim Krul Injured

''Gutted to come off with an injury tonight. Thanks for all the get well wishes''''I will know more about the extent of the injury after scans'' - Tim Krul (Twitter)Danny Blind has called the injury a ''bad'' one.Personally i''ve always seen Krul as a brilliant keeper... if he''s out for a few weeks that gives us even more reason to go for it on Sunday.

Their no 2 goalie Darlow has a foot injury so is out too so they''re having to recall their no3 goalie from his loan period.

Not having much luck are they, which is a good time to play them

Fantastic news, sorry for the player and hope Newcastle can do us favours against other teams, but right now perfect.

We really need to go for it. After the internationals some players will be buzzing, with confirmation of places at finals and scoring goals.

Lets hope we have no fresh injury concerns before the game.

I''ve consulted with our Norwegian Miserabilist and his take is that they''ll bring in a emergency loan keeper who will be better that Krull so it''s bad news for us, also the wear on their pitch will be bad news for us, the weather that day will be bad news for us, our record playing at that position longitude is also very poor so that''s bad news for us.

I hope we take advantage of this, play two wingers and test him out with crosses early on. The last thing we want to do is allow them to come into the game and allow the keeper to settle.

I recall that when we were in the Premier League under Lambert that we played Newcastle at home and injuries forced them to deploy Perch and Simpson at centre back. We rightly changed our tactics that day and were the most direct I ever saw us under Lambert, repeatedly slinging crosses in towards Holt and Morison.

However this is a different scenario, Elliot is competent enough and has played some Premier League matches at Newcastle. It is not like they are pitching a 17 year old rookie into the fray or putting an outfield player in goal. It would be a bad mistake to completely change our entire game plan and start attempting to shoot/cross from silly and unrealistic areas of the pitch.

I think it would be foolish to pre-adjust much due to Newcastle''s set-back.

This is the Premier League and all squad players inevitably have attained a certain degree of competence that cannot be dismissed.

Our main advantage is that Elliot might be a superb save or a penalty area command short of Krul, and this might provide a telling moment in the game.

If the replacement proves to be shaky then play to that, otherwise disregard thoughts of his perceived short-comings.

Banana skin.