Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Youssouf Mulumbu

This is really good news, I have been thinking that he well perhaps keep Tettey out of the team so it should be interesting. I don''t see Alex Neil playing them both together because that would go against his attacking instincts I think.

Excellent news! Much needed competition for Tettey!

Just an opinion but I actually do see him playing alongside Tetty. That extra strength in the middle of the park should allow us to play Hollahan and Redmond at the same time, something that AN hasn''t always felt able to do.

I see mulumbu as able to do the tettey role but with the added advantage of being more capable and skilful going forward.

Top player

I think he could turn out to be the acquisition of the Summer.

I rated him a lot for WBA and in pre-season he was superb.

The competition for POSA (Player of the Summer''s Aquisitions) is stiff though:-

Brady has certainly turned out well and also has an important a presence in the Eire side.. Good buy Alex.

Dorrans ... we knew about. Good buy Alex.

Jarvis ... glimpses of why he was once selected for England. Good loan Alex.

Mbokani ... aren''t we all looking forward to him in our front line this coming season? Good loan Alex.

Norman ... I didn''t think he was nearly as bad as some on here make out. Jury out. OK Alex.

So it''s 5.5 out of 5 for me. Youssouf could be that good.

Great to hear Mulumbu can now resume full training.

I wonder how many weeks it takes to get back to match fitness after this sort of injury? With games against the big guns on the horizon, we''re going to need his quality and experience.

I have never been entirely convinced of Howson and certainly playing him wide doesn''t seem to work.

[quote user="Hairy Canary"]Just an opinion but I actually do see him playing alongside Tetty. That extra strength in the middle of the park should allow us to play Hollahan and Redmond at the same time, something that AN hasn''t always felt able to do.[/quote]

I don''t see him playing alongside Tettey all of the time, or as normal. Ofcourse I could well be wrong, but if we wanted to play that tactic O''Neil is capable in that position so perhaps would have been tried there by now?

Also - OP, I think you have jumped the gun, if you were talking about the summer I would agree, but as you say, with a couple of slots currently spare I suspect we''ll see a couple of additions and then one in one outs, I doubt we''ll see any drastic changes and the obvious department to shed a player would be strikers and then probably only one.

I say that because there is little point wholesale changing our squad half way through a season, new players may demand higher wages and we may not be in a position at that point to give them. Plus nothing will be decided by the end of January and mass change could effect the squad spirit etc.

Highly doubtful that we''ll see 5-6 changes like that.