Sign in to follow this  
ReadingCanary

Big Sam has Gone Sunderland

He''s probably the best they could have gone for the mess they''re in right now.With his great track record I''ve got a feeling he''ll dig them out of the hole but I''ve a feeling we needn''t worry too much as there''s more than three teams who''ll be nearer the bottom than us come May.

Agree he is probably best fit for them right now, would not be surprised to see Kevin Nolan possibly pitch up there ? big challenge we be if he can stop them being too far adrift before January window, IMO

Agreed, and this is what makes early season predictions so hard. A new manager comes in and they rise up the table, same thing could happen with Newcastle.

It''s interesting that Tim Sherwood seems to be on the brink of the sack as well, so could be all change quite quickly.

I must be alone in not being bothere with this appointment.

Big Sam is a bit of a managerial dinosaur and I''m not convinced he will be that great.

I would not want him as Norwich manager and would certainly not swap Alex for him.

Sure if they now go on a great run someone will call me on this but for now I still see them as big relegation candidates

A useless buffoon who flatters to decieve. A quite appalling win record that has seen him pretty much sacked from every club he has been to.You can make what you wish of.      ''The final report of the Stevens enquiry published in June 2007 expressed concerns regarding the involvement of Craig Allardyce in a number of transactions. "The

inquiry remains concerned at the conflict of interest that it believes

existed between Craig Allardyce, his father Sam Allardyce—the then

manager at Bolton—and the club itself.''

[quote user="Bor Bor Bor"]They''d need to hire Albus Dumbledore before I was in the least concerned.[/quote]

I always thought he was more Boss Nass from Star Wars

Based on his whole Premier League managerial career, he averages 1.3 points per match-that would give them 42 points for the season-enough to stay up I would have thought. But that average has been achieved with squads better than the current Sunderland squad, so I reckon that their charmed Premier life may be coming to an end. 🎉🎉🎉

Meh...

If we finish below that disjointed rabble of cast offs and left overs we deserve to be relegated.

4 or 5 different managers with different playing philosophies cannot assemble a working side! There''s a reason their individuals often look good but they can''t play together!

I reckon Allardyce will get them to grind their way to about 35 points, I see Villa if they keep that muppet and maybe Bournemouth finishing below that number, he''d have done an amazing job to keep them up...

BUT, he''s not going to be there long and they''ll have to employ another manager who''ll want his own players and they''ll end up with an even more disjointed squad. They should just go down and rebuild with a progressive coach in it for the long term imo. This appointment just delays the impending inevitable

I agree Ricky, but if ever there was a year where it''s worth delaying the inevitable, it would be the year when you''re due a huge new TV rights deal if you stay up.

I don''t think he''ll manage it anyway. His record other than with Bolton is terrible, and while they''ll probably have a bounce and win the North East derby again, it won''t last. He''s an idiot.