Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Twenty Is Plenty Protest.

[quote user="Thomo"]some of the regional supporters groups will be having a static protest behind the Barclay End before the Leicester game...[/quote]Here''s a thought - if the protest is aimed at ALL fans, why just protest outside the Barclay end and not at the other three stands? The cynic in me suggests this is aimed more at the travelling Leicester fans rather than our own fans, knowing there''ll be a more favourable response.

Here''s another thought Lappin.

Let''s get the Leicester boys to do a quick detour when they leave the Compleat Angler, via the Nelson so they can get prior endorsement to their plans from the Nelson Numpties?

All jokes aside - do you really think the club would allow such a protest on their land?

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Morty - the point you make is absolutely valid from a financial perspective.

All clubs are different and all are capable of generating different income levels. That''s surely never going to change whether Twenty is Plenty happens or not?

Also, in the current Premier League, I think it''s correct to say that NCFC are unique in terms of not having external funding. We have to be self funding.

This tends to lead to one conclusion, if you follow the "we''re financially disadvantaged" argument, and that''s that NCFC should never partake in such campaigns.

Which is logical to a point, but, then, what happens when we go away. Do our fans suddenly become excluded?

Whatever route you chose, this isn''t an easy argument as they''re pros and cons on both sides.[/quote]It is not necessarily crucial to this debate, but I am not sure quite what is meant by that. We do have external funding because we have the TV money and sponsorship deals and the like. In one sense pretty much all our income can be regarded as external, because we don''t have rich owners bankrolling us from inside.If you are counting the money from mega-rich owners as external (which it really isn''t) then we do suffer by comparison with many, but West Brom, for one, are effectively debt-free and are not (as far as I can see) bankrolled by their owner. And there may be others similar clubs.

[quote user="Duncan Edwards"]If anyone is interested, I''ve just had my say on MyFootballWriter.
[/quote]

"Whatever happens, those campaigning should be applauded for trying.

The problem is that when the banners are folded up and the leaflets back

in their carrier bags, everyone will still walk through the turnstiles

having paid the current going rate that we all think is too expensive.

And while that keeps happening, it’s difficult to envisage real change."

[Y] [Y] [Y]

Purple - yes, I mean owners providing additional cash in order to service excessive expenditure to clubs living beyond their means.

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Here''s another thought Lappin.

Let''s get the Leicester boys to do a quick detour when they leave the Compleat Angler, via the Nelson so they can get prior endorsement to their plans from the Nelson Numpties?

All jokes aside - do you really think the club would allow such a protest on their land?[/quote]I know you''re joking Ivor, it helps keep the conversation as a serious

discussion rather than the poisonous exchanges which some threads turn

into.I do wonder why though the protest isn''t arranged for all

approach roads, so the message will reach out to all of the fans rather than just a

few. There must be somewhere suitable along Riverside for example

surely?

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Purple - yes, I mean owners providing additional cash in order to service excessive expenditure to clubs living beyond their means.[/quote]Fine. I don''t have the time to investigate further but on that definition I don''t think we are unique. West Brom, as already mentioned, seem to exist within their means, as we do, and there are probably others in the Premier League.

[quote user="lappinitup"]A well reasoned post by Ivor to continue a discussion which by PinkUn standards has been excellent, showing both sides of the debate. I was therefore somewhat shocked reading a post on a similar thread on Norwich Talk by Mr Robin Sainty, chairman of The Canaries Trust, and Archant columnist which read as follows......."That''s the point. I read the thread on the Pink''un about this subject and found it to have been totally sidelined by the usual triumvirate who see themselves as better fans than anyone else. It has been shunted into an argument about benefitting away fans rather than home fans when the real issue is rising costs for EVERYONE.  Nothing will change while clubs fill grounds but there has to be a tipping point when more people are priced out than can (or are prepared to ) afford to go.Rather than carp about minutiae I think its important that fans get the message across that watching prices rise continuously while  Premier League players and their agents soak up even more TV money isn''t particularly enjoyable. Saturday will, in itself, change nothing, but if nothing happens to highlight fan disquiet we will just have more of the same.Edited 38 minutes ago by Beauseant "

I find it extremely sad that the chairman of an organisation who claims they want to give fans a voice, should treat some of those fans with such disdain and contempt and be unwilling to hear some of those voices even resorting to insults, simply because they hold different views to him. He clearly only wants to give those fans that agree with him a voice. The fact that he has read this thread and disagreed with a lot of it should have been a good enough reason for him to join in and set the record straight rather than slope off and complain elsewhere. Where''s the leadership there? In his second sentence he says "It has been shunted into an argument about benefitting away fans rather

than home fans when the real issue is rising costs for EVERYONE.".  Er, isn''t the campaign about "Twenty''s Plenty for AWAY tickets"? Surely if it''s about ALL ticket prices it should have been called just that. Who''s doing the shunting Mr Sainty?Finally, who is this ''triumvirate'' you allude to? Clearly I am one of them but as you''ve put it out there, I think you should name the other two.[/quote]A few weeks ago i asked Wiz over on that other forum why he was so negative on there but a whingey whiney old so and so on here and received this response from the moderator....

No Tilly, what its about is you bringing some argument / grudge over

from another site. As I said, Wiz has started a perfectly legitimate

thread. I am not being some kind of killjoy Nazi, I am being objective

and fair to someone who has a topic to discuss. Play the ball, not the

man.

If Wiz, or anyone for that matter, steps out of line the moderators will deal with it.

When

this site opened, everyone was welcome here, with a completely clean

slate, regardless of who they were, or what history they had on other

discussion forums. If someone has something to discuss here, whether it

be positive or negative, then thats fine. And like I said, if someone

wants to play games and be deliberately provocative, then that will be

dealt with regardless of who it is. Contrary to what seems to be some

peoples opinion, there is complete freedom of speech here, within the

context of football discussion.

Looks like someone however has poetic licence to be both ''provocative'' and carry ''some argument/grudge over from another site'' and get away with it.

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Here''s another thought Lappin.

All jokes aside - do you really think the club would allow such a protest on their land?[/quote]Have i missed something here Ivor ? When has the pub become involved in all this ? ?

Tilly - it''s where the Leicester fan groups are gathering before going to Carrow Road to meet up with one man and his dog.

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Tilly - it''s where the Leicester fan groups are gathering before going to Carrow Road to meet up with one man and his dog.[/quote]Yeah fair enough Ivor but where has this been put into the public domain ?

Tilly - I have these wonderful three apps on my phone, called Google, Facebook and Twitter.

You really should try them. It''s amazing what you can discover on them ;-)

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Tilly - I have these wonderful three apps on my phone, called Google, Facebook and Twitter.

You really should try them. It''s amazing what you can discover on them ;-)[/quote]I use Google and Facebook Ivor but just wondering what you put it the search box to come up with the Compleat Angler ? I stopped using Twatter when i kept reading a Norwich fan putting down his fellow supporters whom he considered to be lacking in football intelligence and even resorted once to calling Pink Un posters morons during Hughton''s reign.[^o)]

[quote user="Ivor Know"]Tilly - I have these wonderful three apps on my phone, called Google, Facebook and Twitter.

You really should try them. It''s amazing what you can discover on them ;-)[/quote]

Are any of those any good for finding Lapp''s name[:^)]

Tilly - "I stopped using Twitter when I kept reading a Norwich fan putting down his fellow supporters whom he considered to be lacking in football intelligence ..... "

That''s pure comedy gold from you JT, given your "one man and his dog" comment earlier in this thread. #PotAndKettle

Nutty - yes they can be. Other times completely unnecessary, especially when either they, or their mates, broadcast PinkUn ID''s whilst stood in the middle of a crowded boozer. Seen it and heard it done many times and not just within the four walls of the Numpties favoured watering hole.

How would you describe the BEP then Ivor who by their own admission consist of just three in number. One man and his dog seems about right to me but you seem a pedantic type of chap so hey ho. As for your ID broadcast never ever do any of us numpties refer to Lapp as '' Jacobs '' either on here or in person so that does not wash with me i am afraid nor does your statement that you are not involved with the BEP, FSF or the Trust and i assume you are not going to give me an idiots guide to google in respect of the Compleat Angler ?

Well that''s useful Ivor. Because I reckon if I asked all his mates in the middle of that crowded boozer only his close friends would know his name and I''d still be waiting for it to come up in conversation. You are beginning to weave that complicated web of deceit. My mum''s advice to "tell the truth a d shame the devil" has never let me down in this life! Ivor, how do you know Lapp''s surname?

Lol, I have just realised that after several years of drinking pre and post game with Lapps that I don''t know his surname.

Is he some kind of secret agent?

[quote user="morty"]Lol, I have just realised that after several years of drinking pre and post game with Lapps that I don''t know his surname.

Is he some kind of secret agent?[/quote]And nor do I know yours Morty. I''ll have to ask Ivor, he knows everybody. [;)]

ridiculously, fittingly small protest by you lot who stood there today.

exactly who are you protesting to??

we have 22,000 season ticket holders, who pay fairly reasonable prices , 2,500 away fans , which leaves another 2500 tickets available for other fans, where there is probably 3 times that demand for those tickets.

Why on earth then would the club charge £20 a ticket when the current supply and demand at our club dictates that it can charge/and sell far more than that....why would it do itself out of hundreds of thousands of pounds.

Thank christ none of you lot are our chief executive.

leave these "twentyisplenty" protests to clubs who cant fill their grounds.

besides which ,twenty isnt plenty for premiership football??.....its not 1995 anymore?

Looks like my one man and his dog comment applied not only to BEP but the Leicester Twenty is Plenty guys as when i turned up at 2.15pm it consisted of two young girls and just one other chap. Mind you i noticed that someone could not help himself when a microphone was thrust under his chin.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="morty"]Lol, I have just realised that after several years of drinking pre and post game with Lapps that I don''t know his surname.

Is he some kind of secret agent?[/quote]And nor do I know yours Morty. I''ll have to ask Ivor, he knows everybody. [;)][/quote]Not wrong there Mr Jacobs as Ivor even knew how many tickets i got for Scum away. [:P]Back on topic i would have thought he or Thomo would have given us an update on Saturday''s event.

Was just reading about ticket prices on the BBC website and thought people might find this article interesting

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/34531731

If twenty is plenty who thinks forty is naughty ? I paid 45 for the Leicester match but the 4 quid slightly chilled plastic bottle of lager in the ground made up for that.