Sign in to follow this  
Blainsey

Are signings going to happen whilst Worthy is in Holland?

Just thinking if its possible to make signings whilst Worthy is away in Holland? Who makes the phone calls to the players to convince them to come to Norwich?

If it is Worthy then does that mean we are not going to see any transfer activity till the squad are back? If so then that is yet another week with no new faces back in.

I do back Worthy 100%, but I am starting to get a wee bit concerned with the lack of new faces and injuries we are picking up - Jarret now out for a few weeks, Ashton with tight ham-strings etc. If we pick up any major injuries during the season then at present we do not have adequate cover

worrying times that I hope will be allayed soon

No signings can be made, as charlton was signed while the squad was in malaysia last year.

I trust Worthy but do agree our side is looking a bit thin on the ground, think we desperaterly need a right Mid player to come in, hopefully worthy is working on that, and a Centre back.

But i think we will see a few more faces in the coming weeks.

[quote]Just thinking if its possible to make signings whilst Worthy is away in Holland? Who makes the phone calls to the players to convince them to come to Norwich? If it is Worthy then does that mean we a...[/quote]

Not much to worry about,Holland is hardly the other end of the world, 3/4 plane ride away and wouldn''t have thought Worthy''s too worried about his mobile phone bill.

[quote]Just thinking if its possible to make signings whilst Worthy is away in Holland? Who makes the phone calls to the players to convince them to come to Norwich? If it is Worthy then does that mean we a...[/quote]

Seeing as Neil Doncaster and Joe Ferrari are still in this country  I would hope that phone calls/negotiations will be ongoing.

Being in Holland won''t slow down the transfer activities one bit. As someone who up until recently travelled extensively for work all over Europe and further afield, and who had to stay permanently in touch, you can take phone calls anywhere and do email anywhere. I did email over my mobile phone, with GPRS and 3G services its as quick as a home dial up connection and can be done on the training field, in the team bus, in a bar, in his hotel, anywhere. He will also have support staff manning the office.

Work will be uninterrupted. Whether we sign anyone during the tour is another matter though!