Sign in to follow this  
BroadstairsR

Stephen Fry

quits QI in order to spend more time concerned with his beloved Norwich City.

I made the last bit up.

Information from TWTD:-

"Toksvig to replace

Although Fry is a scummer he has been a superb host."

This would be praise indeed if it weren''t for the many City supporters who would rather the Club disassociate it''s self from SF on the basis that his main contribution thus far has been to empty the plate of biscuits provided with the tea at Board meetings.

Don''t mind him myself (Old Pastonian.)

Personally like the guy, met him down at Southampton and he really had time, came across brilliantly and also might surprise some but also very knowledgeable ! a great ambassador for our club, even if he doesn''t get to as many games as some would like.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I would have thought Wiz would have been here by now. [:P][/quote]

Didn''t you hear? Him and Smudger have started their protests already and are standing outside the City stand for all to see and join in . . . .

Shame. Thought he was a great host. Not afraid to show off his intelligence and in the days of dumbing everything down, quite a rarity. Good luck to him.

You all know my views on our ''part time'' D'' list celebrity director............they haven''t changed.

Must say I''ve been a bit underwhelmed at his contribution to NCFC so far.He''s certainly got fantastic contacts but nothing seems to have come of it. Other than he may have put a big wodge of cash into the Club I can''t say he''s brought much to the table at all since joining the Board.Perhaps part of the problem is he''s so busy and rarely makes it to a game. Every time I drive past his big pile on the A47 it''s always in darkness so I do wonder if he spends much time in Norfolk at all.Perhaps leaving QI will give him a bit more time to get more involved with the footie ?

[quote user="Wiz"]You all know my views on our ''part time'' D'' list celebrity director.....[/quote]You rate him quite highly then Wiz - compared to Delia........

[quote user="First Wizard"]the failings of your Z list celebrity darling and her board......[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]Maybe they are just blinded by the cooks ''minus Z list'' celebrity status.....[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]Don''t get fooled by her Z list celebrity

status either, she has messed up at board level, and should walk away

now.....[/quote]"D" isn''t far off the top is it? [:D]

The current Loans Manager seems to be doing remarkably well. Testament to this was the young side that beat Villarreal last week selected because of the loan players who have been performing well around Britain.

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="Wiz"]You all know my views on our ''part time'' D'' list celebrity director.....[/quote]You rate him quite highly then Wiz - compared to Delia........

[quote user="First Wizard"]the failings of your Z list celebrity darling and her board......[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]Maybe they are just blinded by the cooks ''minus Z list'' celebrity status.....[/quote][quote user="First Wizard"]Don''t get fooled by her Z list celebrity

status either, she has messed up at board level, and should walk away

now.....[/quote]"D" isn''t far off the top is it? [:D][/quote]Yep, I''m more than happy with those old quotes Lapps..........good finds.[Y]

Not sure what he adds to the board, but a lovely man and gives the commentators something else to bang on about whilst we''re on TV!

As for QI, don''t think it''ll work as well without him.

It''s going to be just like Top Gear with Chris Evans...