Sign in to follow this  
YorkshirePudding

How much it costs to see NCFC compared to other clubs...

...according to the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/resources/idt-79ccb1e7-d390-44c1-8857-cfcb0ade2595

The cheapest Norwich City match-day ticket is 2% below the league average

The most expensive Norwich City match-day ticket is 12% below the league average

he cheapest Norwich City season ticket is 3% below the league average.

The most expensive Norwich City season ticket is 27% below the league average

Other info also on that page

It''s good to see that based on last season''s prices and results, it costs the third least amount in the league to see a goal (£9.99).

Not really food for thought though is it.. even if we had the cheapest season tickets in the PL I would still say the cost of football to the average supporter is to high.

I can''t be bothered to copy and paste the link but I cant take much from the stats posted..

The cheapest season ticket is 3% below the league average? Hardly a surprise when you''ve got London powerhouses such as Chelsea and Arsenal, and a worldwide tourist attraction like Man Utd propping up the figures.

The most expensive season ticket is 27% below the league average? Again hardly a surprise when you''ve got people willing/able to pay mega money for the best corporate seats at Chelsea etc.

It''s irrelevant really. Just common knowledge that has been glorified with numbers. I''m pretty sure every Norwich fan is well aware that we''re not paying the highest prices in the country.

It amazes me that every fan isn''t jumping on the bandwagon, surely everybody wants cheaper tickets irrelevant of their own financial situation?

I put the bbc link in the ''''twenty is plenty'''' thread because it was about ticket prices but as I said there I found it an Interesting article

I agree with Stan, I think you''ve really missed the point of the whole campaign there Til.

The whole point is that watching football throughout the country is overpriced. The fact that our average ticket is around 3% cheaper within that madness is nothing to cheer about.

A more accurate comparator is what the cost of football is in England compared to other countries. When we go head to head with somewhere like Germany it''s absolutely shameful. I wonder what those fans who stand on the yellow wall would make of paying £40 to watch Norwich vs Bournemouth or £45 to watch West Ham.

I was fortunate that my father had the means and the desire to take me to games when I was younger. I couldn''t have afforded it otherwise. I am fortunate (some would also say deprived) that in adulthood I have my own means and no other commitments to attend as many matches as I wish.

But that isn''t the reality for the normal supporter who has other priorities and considerations. With the youth employment market still in a precarious place, we''re potentially pricing out and isolating a generation of support. If you love football, as you obviously do, then you cannot think the current position is good for the game.

Particularly in the context of the biggest TV deal of all time which means clubs turnover would still be up on previous seasons if they let every single fan in for free. I''m obviously not calling for free tickets but it does illustrate the point that if the German clubs can do it on far less resources why can''t we?

Its a survey leading to generalisations that mean naff all.  The cost of going to some games is still going to be too high for some people.  In every club some people get a good deal, some people don''t.   That is all that needs to be highlighted.   To say prices have frozen or gone down very slightly across the board is misleading and makes things sound better than they are.   The reality is that casual supporters and away supporters at some clubs are fleeced. How you get at averages - At some clubs season ticket prices are way too high. At some clubs season tickets are low. Therefore the average is somewhere in the middle.Surprise, surprise.  

would be interesting to know was % of capacity is filled with those prices?

Are the lower leagues prices even more over inflated than the prems given the drop in class on show? More to watch mansfield than munich?