ec-p

Team for Newcastle

Ruddy,

Whits, Martin, Bassong, Brady,

Tettey, Dorrans,

Redmond, Jarvis,

Hoolahan

Mbokani

Really hope Redmond starts and think Mbokani will be a surprise handfull for them.

Not beyond the realms of possibility ec-p, but I differ slightly.

It might be struggling Newcastle but it''s still an away game and I would want Olsson back in the fold with Brady moved forward.

Possibly Howson in place of Wes, who can come on if things get bleak.

Ditto, Jarvis.

I would also be happy to see Olsson and Brady on the left Broadstairs. Would you start with Mbokani?

Yes, Cam Jam has worked hard and been awfully unlucky but probably time for a rest, seeing as Mbokani scored against Leicester and was a real handfull and scored for Congo in the week, it''s a good time to give him a start, especially against struggling Newcastle, with crocked keepers. If we go a goal ahead, the home crowd are very likely to turn.

Could be a tricky. Newcastle have shown signs of improvement, taking the lead against both Chelsea and Man City.

Can''t see Howson being dropped. He may well play in behind Mbokani, with Brady and Redmond on either flank and Olsson at leftback. Jarvis and Wes to come on later in the game.

I think Olsson will start, which could mean either Jarvis on the bench, or Redmond on the bench with Jarvis switching to the right wing.

Probably see it like this, IMO;-

Ruddy

Whitts, Martin, Bassong, Olsson,

Tettey

Redmond, Howson, Brady

Hoolahan

Jerome

With Jarvis, MbOkani, Dorrans, Mulumbu, Dorrans and Rudd on the bench.

Although I will admit to being a bit worried by that midfield and if it is strong enough ?.

Newcastle have plenty of pace, need to be solid at the back.   Is Mulumbu ready?  If so -                    RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson           Tettey   MulumbuRedmond   Hoolahan       Brady                   Mbokani

Plenty of good options from the bench.

RuddyWhittaker, Martin, Bassong, Olsson                          Redmond, Dorrans, Tettey, Brady                      Hoolahan                     Mbokani

[quote user="lake district canary"]Newcastle have plenty of pace, need to be solid at the back.   Is Mulumbu ready?  If so -                    RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson           Tettey   MulumbuRedmond   Hoolahan       Brady                   Mbokani

Plenty of good options from the bench.

[/quote]
Pink Un''s report from the respective press conference for details.

[quote user="Chip20"][quote user="lake district canary"]Newcastle have plenty of pace, need to be solid at the back.   Is Mulumbu ready?  If so -                    RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson           Tettey   MulumbuRedmond   Hoolahan       Brady                   MbokaniPlenty of good options from the bench. [/quote]
Pink Un''s report from the respective press conference for details.
[/quote]

In that case, I''ll revise it to include Dorrans.                   RuddyWhittaker Martin Bassong Olsson            Tettey Dorrans    Redmond Hoolahan Brady                Mbokani

I reckon Mbokani could be they key to winning this game, with him up front, Wes behind (if fit to start) and then feed him from both wings, Redmond from the right and either Jarvis or Brady from the left, plus FB''s overlapping, may see Russ Martin throwing it up to him too.

Ruddy

Whitts, Martin, Bassong, Olsson

Tettey

Redmond, Howson, Brady or Jarvis

Hoolahan

Mbokani

We would be playing with three people who are mainly wingers, and I doubt whether Dorrans can provide the creativity on his own down the centre.

I would be happier with Howson playing alongside Dorrans and Brady on the outside. If we have to chase the game, there could be room for Jarvis.

I think Olsson will start with Brady on the left wing and I would like to see Redmond and Mbokani start. The defence is my biggest worry. Whoever we play at the back is not good enough in my opinion. Whether AN will be willing to shuffle the defence and change it, I''m not sure, but Wisdom was obviously brought in as competition for Whittaker and central defence, so we''ll see if he is prepared to play him.

This is the team I would pick but it wont be Alex''s team,

Would like to see Brady play further up the field and Jarvis can play on the right wing

Ruddy,

Whits, Martin, Bassong, Olssen

Tettey,

Jarvis, Howson Brady

Hoolahan

Mbokani

[quote user="cityangel"]This is the team I would pick but it wont be Alex''s team,

Would like to see Brady play further up the field and Jarvis can play on the right wing

Ruddy,

Whits, Martin, Bassong, Olssen

Tettey,

Jarvis, Howson Brady

Hoolahan

Mbokani[/quote]Got a feeling Dorrans may well be in there somewhere CA.

Howson just isn''t as effective when he has to play wider IMO. However, I

think Dorrans has the best range of passing from a deeper position, and

until Mulumbu is fit again I''d rather Dorrans played alongside Tettey

where he can distribute the ball more effectively. I''d play Howson just

ahead of Tettey and Dorrans, giving us more physicality in the centre,

with Brady and Redmond providing the ammunition for Mbokani. Newcastle are bound to want to start strongly and take the game to us; if we can nullify the early threat with a solid midfield, the likes of Jarvis, Wessi and Jerome/Lafferty to come off the bench give us great options against tiring legs. If Mbokani isn''t fit enough to start after his international duty then Jerome should start again.---------------Ruddy------------------Whittaker Martin Bassong Olsson-------------Tettey Dorrans----------Redmond-----Howson-------Brady----------------Mbokani--------------Subs: Rudd, Bennett, O''Neil, Jarvis, Hoolahan, Jerome, Lafferty.