Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

Jerome or Mbokani?

Hope so. He looked a handful last time out and, as much as I rate him, perhaps a rest might be useful for Jerome.

That begs the question though. Who would be first back-up on the bench him or Grabban?

Mbokani was away on international duty and that may give Jerome the nod this week, or Mbokani may start and Jerome may come on when/if he tires.

To be honest, I thought Jerome was very quiet against West Ham and I expected to see Mbokani start the game against Leicester. So after his contribution from the bench against Leicester, I honestly can''t see anything other than Mbokani starting in the game against Newcastle. The only obstacle being how much his travels on international duty with Congo have taken out of him.

Mbokani for me. He deserves his chance. Jerome needs to be ready to prove a point if selected on the bench.

I see what you did there Lapps and as Bor said to you the other day '' Oh you little tinker ''. [:D]

Am I right in thinking Mbokani has scored 2 in 2 for club and country?Surely he has to start, he''s such a handfull.. and we just need to have someone like that around Newcastle''s box on Sunday.Especially if they have a backup goalkeeper and nervy defence

[quote user="TIL 1010"]I see what you did there Lapps and as Bor said to you the other day '' Oh you little tinker ''. [:D][/quote]

"Tinker" isn''t quite the word I''d use.......close though.......

I think Mbokani will get the nod but Im glad Im not deciding because Im a big Jerome fan. I''d be a useless manager lol

I agree with the general consensus on here that Mbokani has showed enough in the game-time he''s had to warrant a start now, and Jerome hasn''t quite hit the form he needs to make the spot his own. A few goals to his name and it''d be Jerome''s spot to lose, but he hasn''t scored the chances he''s had so I think it''s fair to give Mbokani a start.

Curveball, what about we shock Newcastle entirely and start with Lafferty? :D

Jerome has looked a little quiet in the last couple of games and maybe could do with a game on the bench to fire him up again. Mbokani has had a chance to get to know his teams mates and to understand how we play so I would give him the opportunity to show what he can do from the start. His cameos have looked okay so far and he gave us a real focal point when he came on against Leicester.

As someone else mentioned could be an opportunity to play both against what has been a leaky back line. I only see that happening if Wes isn''t 100% after his international exertions though. His form is so good at the moment you have to play him in a game like this where we need to get at them early and stop the players and crowd getting any confidence.

I don''t think Jerome has been quiet. He''s just got a tough job battling on his own against an entire defence. He works them for 70mins and then Mbokani comes on when they''ve been softened up.

But that''s not to say it isn''t worth giving Mbokani a start.

I would go direct and not play Wes for this one. Several seasons ago we played them and had Holt and Morrison together up front and they could not handle the power up front and we won 4 - 2

Benching Wes for away games has often been the norm in the past.

His game has suddenly reached new heights though, so this tactic becomes less clear cut, IMO.

Mbokani has done well when called upon but it''s completely different starting a game. Some of Jerome''s very best performances for us have also been from the bench, it''s easier to have an impact on a game when you''re fresher than everyone else and offer a completely different dynamic to what the oppo has been dealing with for 60 odd minutes for example.

I''d start with Mbokani simply because I believe Jerome is always at his most dangerous as a sub, but I haven''t really got much of a clue how well Mbokani is going to do. It''s kind of unfair to Jerome though, the only bad game he''s had this year was V Leicester where I was very disappointed in his work rate but you have to give him the benefit of the doubt based on the rest of the season so far. Glad I''m not the manager!

Mbok for me next time out. Cam doesn''t look like scoring at the moment, while the rest of his game is good, he does fluff too much in front of goal. We need a more clinical striker, especially at the higher level away from home. Mbok took his goal well the other day and has joined us with a great CV. It''d be a shame to not use him enough.

We need some Mike Bassett to go along side that four, four, fecking, two formatino!