Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Bournemouth and injuries

The Bournemouth curse strikes again with Ryan Fraser, on-loan to 1p5wich, now succumbing to a long-term injury.

From TWTD:-

"Not our season is it? We finally get a midfielder the quality of Fraser, who along with Sears has been our star performer most games and now this. I feel totally knocked over by this one, I don''t think there could have been worse news for the first team."

They were initially concerned that Bournemouth''s injury woes would cause a re-call of Fraser, but his loan is season-long.

I don''t suppose it''s admirable enjoying the mis-fortune of others, but Bournemouth''s bad luck will clearly assist our cause (as might Newcastle''s) and I will make an exception in the case of the Binners anyday.

Enjoy.

I cannot really see how Bournemouth losing players to injury helps us at all. It just means they will be weaker against the teams we will be fighting against. As to the binners this injury will merely be yet another ridiculous excuse clung to by them for their failure. As we all know if Redmond had not deliberately kicked the ball at their defender to get him send off, they would have beat us, then Boro and been in the PL now.

"I cannot really see how Bournemouth losing players to injury helps us at all."

Obvious really for as a newly promoted team we are, correctly, amongst the favourites to struggle.

Let''s not kid ourselves.

My personal opinion is that we have enough to stay up, but, until the New Year at least, I refuse to count chickens.

Therefore, every set-back to those amongst us is a positive.

You seem rather confused. Not sure whether we are ''favourites'' (by who) to be relegated or ''we have enough to stay up''.

We are not favourites by the bookies, or are Bournemouth, so who ?.

Those who have not watched either club but simply state that as newly

promoted clubs both must be favourites to be relegated.  If you have

seen us then you will now we are playing well enough to finish mid

table. Or even higher if clubs like Bournemouth are able to take points

off  those around us. Obvious, really.

No. I''m not the slightest bit confused. My posting was perfectly clear.

We have actually been favourites to be relegated from the beginning of the season. Use bookie odds, pundits or whatever.

My personal opinion (nb) is that we are not.

Nothing is for sure though as we are not the richest, in my mind at least.

That complicated ramble of yours suggests that you might be confused, or do you just want another argument with somebody or other?.

Bye

Pointing out your confiusion should not be seen as complicated. We ARE NOT favourites, Have a look at Oddschecker. Neither us, nor Bournemouth, are favourites for relegation. No one (bar you) has claimed that anything is sure either. What has been stated by me, and actually you as well, is that we look good enough to stay up. My addition to that is that we will finish mid table. Which means that Bournemouth''s loss of players will have a detrimental affect on us as we now only have to play them once, where others have to play them twice. That should not be too complicated (perhaps an adult could help you).

So if Bournemouth are not favourites for relegation, but must be close, then being significantly weakened can only be good for us, surely? It puts them amongst the lower end teams, so throws in another possibility of a relegation-esque team. With the money they have, then if they didn''t have those injuries, they could go out in Jan, and spend their money on even better players, but they now have to spend it on players, just to bring them back to their original state. You can twist, and use, the theory, to suit what you want.

I will cling on to Broadstair''s, as opposed to AWB''s, theory, thanks all the same

Favourites, amongst the favourites, whatever.

The fact is that there are about ten clubs in the league who start the season with their first aim of avoiding the drop, and the three promoted teams are firmly amongst them.

Even Caludio Ranieri made the point after one of Leicester''s wins lately that it was three more points towards safety and his side have looked more than useful from the beginning.

The fact that we have had a promising start, more so in the way we have played than in our points tally so far, does not mean that anything can be taken for granted as far as our ultimate safety goes.

It is still early in the season, we are not amongst the richest, more established clubs and already one of the bad starters, namely Newcastle, has attempted to remedy their situation.

I would long for the day when NCFC approach a Premier League season free of concerns for relegation, but it ''aint yet.

I long for a time this current season when we can say for certain that we are safe, but it ''aint yet.

It''s cautious optimism, not complacency from me and therefore mis-fortune to the clubs currently around us in the league is to be welcomed.

Confusing or not.

You must show me that league table. The one you have, as mine has us as close to the top six as we are to relegation. Again there has been no mention of anything ''being taken for granted''. this is just another expression that YOU have made up so that you can knock tit down. No one knows who will be relegated, therefore it is exceedingly silly to be talking of one club losing points when those points will logically go to another club, who presumably are also likely to be facing relegation (your claim). There never will be a season when we start without being aware that relegation is a possibility. If only because there are so many unknowns ie injured players, loss of manager, internal club dispute etc. Likewise we cannot know what will happen to other clubs. That is all I have to say as clearly the variable nature of the game seems to escape you. You appear to be stuck in some determinist circle believing that is all laid out before us. I assume you didn''t look at Oddschecker either, where your rather foolish claim about us being favourites to be relegated is shown to be incorrect.

You clearly do want an argument.

I am at a loss to understand what it is though. Even paragraphing might help.

You are also one of of those who thinks that it is acceptable to trade personal insults on a football forum on the basis that someone does not agree with your point of view.

I therefore have no more time for you or your postings.

Cue: More personal insults.

Master Green as he was has spent nearly 12 years being angry and insulting towards posters on here. [:|]

The amusing City 1st , or which ever guise "they" take up, is merely a product of a bedsit and an over domineering mother. Either that or a stooge from Archant itself to keep the banter going.

Who can forget City 1st''s insistence that Bookies do not make their odds, or that there is no such thing as a "pay as you play" contract?

eh? Brilliant stuff. Long may he/they continue. He''s had 1p5wich in administration for the last 10 years.

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Basket used to be Master Green not City 1st.[/quote].....and also Ralph Wright.Ralph Wright''s other account became City1st and then, more recently - Portman_King.Strewth, what a sleuth I am. [:O] [:D]

I get confused with all these name changes, maybe we should list them all and get them stickied so we know whos who lol

I thought that City 1st is now Pitchforks ??

Back to Bournemouth, how many players do they actually have injured them

Callum Wilson out for 6 months

Elphick out until Jan

Who else?

Tyrone Mings of course and the ''curse'' has even spread as far as Portman Road where Ryan Fraser on loan to 1p5wich, and considered by some there to be their best player so far this season, is out for a few months.

Ah I''d forgotten Gradel & Mings, bad luck for them to have 4 regular first teamers out isnt it?

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="TIL 1010"]Basket used to be Master Green not City 1st.[/quote].....and also Ralph Wright.Ralph Wright''s other account became City1st and then, more recently - Portman_King.Strewth, what a sleuth I am. [:O] [:D] [/quote]So are you saying Master Green became Ralph Wright and more recently Basket but Ralph Wright then opened another account and became City 1st and then Portman_King ?Where does Pitchforks come into play ?Blimey we thought poor old Smudger had issues.

Well I''m even more confused now lol

Lapps can you do a master list of the name changes please lol

[quote user="cityangel"]Ah I''d forgotten Gradel & Mings, bad luck for them to have 4 regular first teamers out isnt it?[/quote]

It''s pretty wretched luck for Bournemouth. If you took Redmond, Olsson and either Jerome/Mbokani away from us for the entire season I would feel much less optimistic about our prospects of survival. Given that a large chunk of their budget was spent on those 2 players mentioned as well it remains to be seen how capable they were be of adding reinforcements in January.

Obviously, it is to our advantage to see a rival weakened but I hate seeing three fantastic young players in Wilson, Mings and Gradel being cut down like that. It''s very sad to see as I''m a lover of football generally as well as Norwich City.

I''m no doctor or physiotherapist so I could be talking absolutely gibberish but at what point do Bournemouth start to review their training/meducal methods generally or is it just the kind of injury that is purely bad luck and nothing more?

[quote user="cityangel"]Well I''m even more confused now lol

Lapps can you do a master list of the name changes please lol[/quote]Bounce.........................