Sign in to follow this  
SeattleCanary

Bournemouth and injuries

Just to add to their woes, Wilson was wheeled off the pitch after 17 mins. Just shows how a few injuries can really cripple squads of our size. Great news for us though!

I think they had a great starting 11 and that was about it... It''s going to really start to have an effect on their results now. A lot was said about our transfer window, but I think we bought well and sold well... Not selling Grabban to them is looking like a master stroke now!

Twisted his knee, went off for treatment, came back on and his knee buckled unchallenged. BBC saying it sounds serious. Sad for him if it is, but it''s good news for us. He''s integral to the way they play.

Personally I don''t give a monkey''s about Bournemouth and/or their injuries.  Malumbu has been injured for us for weeks but I don''t see any Bournemouth supporters on here with a box of tissues offering tea and sympathy for his injury or any other first team player who gets injured, it''s part and parcel of the game.  As I understand it, they have an owner who is incredibly rich (much richer than our owners), so I''m sure, if necessary he will open his wallet and buy some players for golden boy to play with.[:|]

Why wouldn''t you give a ''monkeys''? It''s good news for us that their main goal scorer is injured.... I care, and am glad it puts them at a disadvantage. Strange thing to say....

[quote user="SeattleCanary"]Why wouldn''t you give a ''monkeys''? It''s good news for us that their main goal scorer is injured.... I care, and am glad it puts them at a disadvantage. Strange thing to say....[/quote]If the injury list of all clubs below us is of such importance to you..............fine.  Strange, but fine.  Goals are scored from all over the park these days, and as I said they''ll probably go out and buy another striker in January, so it will be irrelevant.[:|]

Agree with Dead, Grabban''s value has just increased if they''re still interested in January.

I would question three of their best players comment when one of them is Mings. Average Championship player ditto Gradel. Bournemouth more likely to be bottom three because of lack of quality with Newcastle getting a kick up the backside sooner than later to kick start their survival.

I doubt fans of other sides would spend any time particularly concerned on our behalf if we lost key players (and remember we''ve been without Mulumbu to-date, who is a definite first XI pick), so we shouldn''t feel too much sympathy for Bournemouth - they''ll manage.

i think we can allow ourselves to be honest enough to know that this is a HUGE blow to one of the rivals who are "likely" to be around us in the league.

Playing the ball over and through to Wilson is /was no.1 tactic......last season he was also the source of a good amount amount penalties which he won, some slightly dubiously.

we can pretend all we like, this is damaging to Bournemouth and if it means that a relegation place is taken up ,then its good news.

Massive loss to them. But their loss is our gain, and difficult to have too much sympathy for them, with their ultra rich owner and ultra smug manager.

I wonder if it''s all bad luck or whether they have some deeper issues with the physical conditioning of their squad?

It strikes me that, this being their first time at this level, perhaps they don''t have the necessary expertise, technology and routines in place to get all their players into the best physical condition to avoid injury.

It certainly shows the importance of having strength in depth in the squad. It remains to be seen how good Bournemouth''s second choice players are. One worrying sign for them is that they have (with the exception of against us) been playing really well but not winning. Their performance can only get worse.

they actually allowed Wilson back on the pitch after he went down the first time?!?!?!?......that may have turned a 2 month injury into a 9 month one?.

Looks like their Russian billionaire needs to invest in a new physiotherapist.......aswell as a Premier League standard stadium......before signing anymore £5m+ players??

Not much seems to have gone right for the Cherries since they inflated the market with the Mings money.

Part of the Mings deal was to loan Ryan Fraser to the binners for a season, and he is currently their best player according to reports.

Another striker, Brad Pitman was also handed over for free and he has gone down well at Poorman Road as well.

Suddenly they lose two of their strike-force. Wilson is likely to be the biggest loss by far, but I rate Gradel highly and wanted him in the Yellow during the Summer.

Mis-fortune to some of our potential rivals in a relegation scrap is always to be appreciated, but the way we have been performing has given me the comforting feeling that we will be survivors in any case.

Also, if Grabban is the liability that some think he is then I see no problem in selling him to a rival club for an inflated sum of money that could be well used elsewhere.

I, personally, quite rate Lewis Grabban, or at least see what Alex Neil appreciates, but a strike-force of Jerome, Mbokani, Hooper and Lafferty is, IMO, the strongest we will have had in our last four seasons in the top flight in any case.

Bournemouth have already lost their most expensive signings to serious knee injuries - Max Gradel is out for 6 months and Danny Ings for the rest of the season. Wilson got off to a flying start - 5 goals in 6 games but also could be out to a serious knee injury, that''s 3 key players lost after just 7 league games to long term injuries.

It''s still early days but they might struggle

''squads of our size''  ?All squads are the same size, 25 players. Unless you count U21''s who tend to be out on loan elsewhere. Personally would have hoped they remain strong so as to challenge those who will be around us come the end of the season ie top half of the table. Unless of course you haven''t been watching us and have relied upon a few closet binners who post on here. And yes, if Grabban was to head back down to the south coast I would be tremendously hpleased.

i wouldnt get too complacent......despite our decent start and favourable fixtures, we are only 13th in the table and 5 points above the relegation zone.....and this is before the difficult fixtures kick in.

I still think we will be monitoring the gap between us and the bottom 3 all season until such time as we can''t be caught.

If by Bournemouth having their top striker injured for a long period of time means that they remain below us, then thats one less side to be looking over our shouder at.

If West ham had not scored in the last few minutes we would be the same distance from top of the table as would be from the relegation zone. There is no complancancy either.  Merely a comment upon how well we have played and looked. Maybe we look different to you. As does the table as we are actually 12th, not 13th. Also the direction we look at as well. A win on Sat could see us up to 7th. S0d Bournemouth.

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]i wouldnt get too complacent......despite our decent start and favourable fixtures, we are only 13th in the table and 5 points above the relegation zone.....and this is before the difficult fixtures kick in.

I still think we will be monitoring the gap between us and the bottom 3 all season until such time as we can''t be caught.

If by Bournemouth having their top striker injured for a long period of time means that they remain below us, then thats one less side to be looking over our shouder at.[/quote]

Someone with some sense. Oldrobert was missing the point entirely. Yes I know if we play our game we should be fine, but seeing a fellow promoted rival struggle and knowing they may fill a relegation place is good news. They rely heavily on Wilson and without him will struggle to score.