Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Oh Dear Oh Dear !

I think you must be talking about the comments on this page below the main article.......http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/28288/town-0-0-huddersfield--match-report

McCarthy isn''t worried about them.....

Supporters chanted the names of creative substitutes David McGoldrick

and Kevin Bru during the match, the former introduced at half-time for

Brett Pitman and the latter remaining unused as Cole Skuse and Jonathan

Douglas operated in central midfield.

“I know, I know, I know,”

said McCarthy, when the above was put to him. “I’ll just tell you that

the more they shout the less chance there is they will come on."
http://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/reaction_mick_mccarthy_will_continue_to_ignore_ipswich_town_fans_calls_for_their_favourites_to_play_1_4275478[:D]

McCarthy is the only reason they''re upper mid-table!

Are they actually so deluded that they think that team, assembled by McCarthy to play a very certain way (On the cheap mind you) are suddenly going to be able to play football? Move teams apart with passing, start playing incisive through balls with intricate one-two''s and build up play? Sacrificing their carefully implemented shape to create more chances and defending with fewer players...Do they actually think that team is capable of that and won''t get embarrassed every week?

Baffling that some of them want him out. He''s their only chance of getting into the play offs when they operate on such a small budget.

i hope they do sack him...for obvious reasons

This says it all

from the forum

with todays perfomance are those fortunate not to have witnessed todays game...or the previous home game...or the.....total and utter dross AGAIN i''m afraid and it''s set to continue while M M persists in his current "I know best stance"...yep...he see''s the players on a day to day basis and as such should know the best team to put out. ..but really....two holding midfielders and two wide ish players is NEVER going to work...while we all apreciate that Mick got us out of a pickle and rightly got the plaudits for doing so, is it unreasonable for some of us to question his tactics /selections without being tagged as panic merchants etc?....at the end of the day it''s OUR club...we were here before him....and will still be here when he slings his hook and we are entitled to vouce our opinions without being accused of not being "real" fans...

Thanks for sorting out my technical shortcomings Lapps but it is priceless what they are posting on there tonight and how about this gem.....pinewoodblueboy added 18:44 - Oct 17 Our dearly beloved rivals up the

A140 seem to manage plucking young hungry managers from small clubs

& achieve a much better degree of success than we have in recent

times & play a more pleasing to the eye style of football although

it irks me to admit that.

Apart from winning the FA Cup in 1784, they now harp on about playing "attractive football" ? At the start of the season when they won a few , the locals decided they were playing great football. Now, playing exactly the same as Mad Mick always plays, they are playing a "style" that the good folk on Bin Land decree isn''t up to their high standards.

Hoping that MM plays tiqui-taca , is like hoping that Mucus pays back St Johns . It aint gonna happen lads and lasses (as they say in Barnsley - who also won the FA cup once)

They''ll never pay back the charities they stole from.

That money needs to be spent on paying off ridiculously wealthy footballers gambling debts and hiring planes with sad little banners to remind their neighbors that they still exist.

We on the other hand potentially sacrifice our hard earned PL position after the double promotion to pay off every penny of our debts and the fans used their money to help fund the Huckerby and Holt transfers at times when we were struggling to compete financially.

Their current position is far too good for them

Just had another look and if some people think it goes into meltdown on here after a defeat just take a look at what is now 5 pages of hate and bewilderment on TWTD at the bottom of the match report. To coin a phrase it is pure comedy gold. [:D]

[quote user="TIL 1010"]Just had another look and if some people think it goes into meltdown on here after a defeat just take a look at what is now 5 pages of hate and bewilderment on TWTD at the bottom of the match report. To coin a phrase it is pure comedy gold. [:D][/quote]Makes wonderful reading doesn''t it................better than the Sundays![:D]

You mean the real Portman King not sad City1st who changed his name to Portman_ King i hope Stylish ? [:D]

It''s an unusual turnaround in their fortunes, ever since Hughton''s Brighton showed them up for their lack of class and McCarthy''s tactical limitations.

I had expected them to be around the top six all season considering they achieved a play-off position last time around and that the improvements made to the squad during the Summer were met with universal praise.

Two difficult away games coming up whereby defeats could place them firmly in the lower half of the table and well-adrift of any potential success.

McCarthy has always liked himself and has positively glowed in the adoration of the Town faithful. Now the tide seems to be turning his ego might well cause him to throw in the towel.

It''s not as if he hasn''t done well for himself there. It was reported that he received a million for staving off relegation when he first arrived and must have been on a good wedge since.

I''m not sure I want him gone. He will always keep them up there, but promotion seems beyond him. A new manager could conceivably do an Alex Neal or take them down. The former least likely, IMO, as the squad is very ordinary.

Just looking at the Champs table and I see Hughton top and Lennon bottom. But I guess Highland and JF will be along in a bit to tell me Lennon''s performing miracles to have Bolton as high as they are and if he was manager of Brighton they''d be 25 points clear by now...........

I''d get a strange satisfaction if two of the bottom three were Bolton and the binners. Stranger things have happened.