Sign in to follow this  
STAN

Can we keep defending Ruddy?

Am I only one who thinks he''s a shadow of his former self?

Struggles to get down on the ground, looks shaky every time he has to leave his line, useless 1 on 1, and his distribution is poor, even his shot stopping is weak!

Looks more and more like a Championship keeper every week!

Personally I like to see a keeper that breathes confidence. Ruddy spends most of his time looking like a new born giraffe.

This is chicken and egg. Arguably the defence could be shaky because they''re not confident of what they got behind them. Or it could be vice versa.

But what I do know is that I very rarely see Ruddy make a save anymore, let alone a top class one. However, I do see him concede a lot of goals that IMO other top keepers would save or at least get beaten less easily.

Rudd will presumably play against Everton in the cup so perhaps that''s his chance to make his claim.

Everytime i''ve seen Rudd play he has impressed me to be fair!

Definitely a lot more alert and agile than Ruddy!

I think the Ruddy of the 2012/2013 season pre injury was class. Sadly he never really returned. I too have lost confidence in him. Great save 1 on 1 with Coutinho the other week but that''s about it. Too many soft goals in recent memory, and Rudd surely is due his chance.

I watched Rudd a few times when he was out on loan. Think he is a class proposition. Would not argue if he got a chance. John does look more and more suspect. Then every now and then he has a blinder. Cannot help being a goalie though with our defence.

Have to agree with OP, Ruddy is losing his form and Rudd has looked class recently, time for a change, Ruddy needs to know he isn''t guaranteed a spot.

The whole back 5 are a shambles. This could and should have been addressed in the transfer window, it wasn''t and there''s every chance it will cost us dearly. Still when anyone dared point this out at the time they were accused of being whingers by the usual suspects.........