Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

Absolute Rubbish

unless he was injured i dont understand why we took our only defensive mid off and replaced him with a luxury player like hoolahan, we were completely bossing the game at that point, as soon as hoolahan came on we were all over the place with massive gaps through the middleterrible decision by the manager

Martin and Whittaker hopeless, shocking and clueless. 5 goals conceded against Newcastle - can''t wait for Arsenal. Bennett must come in at centre half but we''ve screwed up in not reinforcing our defence.

[quote user="iron_stan"]unless he was injured i dont understand why we took our only defensive mid off and replaced him with a luxury player like hoolahan, we were completely bossing the game at that point, as soon as hoolahan came on we were all over the place with massive gaps through the middleterrible decision by the manager[/quote]

Agreed. Hoolahan for Howson would have been the better choice.

We''ve had far more possession and far more attempts. Newcastle have had 5 shots on target, says it all really.

[quote user="My_left_foot"]Martin and Whittaker hopeless, shocking and clueless. 5 goals conceded against Newcastle - can''t wait for Arsenal. Bennett must come in at centre half but we''ve screwed up in not reinforcing our defence.[/quote]

completey screwed up.

Everything else is nearly there, bar the defense which is woefully short. Never has a game made it so obvious as today.

Look at the stats and you''d think we''d won comfortably.

Yep Hoolahan for the (once again) anonymous Howson was clearly the change to make. Taking off Tettey was suicide. As was not strengthening the defence in the transfer window.

[quote user="iron_stan"]unless he was injured i dont understand why we took our only defensive mid off and replaced him with a luxury player like hoolahan, we were completely bossing the game at that point, as soon as hoolahan came on we were all over the place with massive gaps through the middleterrible decision by the manager[/quote]Yep.

So, we''ve now conceded the most goals in the league - any clown can see all season how crap we are defensively. Major embarrassment live on TV once again. Newcastle really are not that good. It''s going to be a long, hard season. Not looking forward to work.

Our defence most certainly is absolute rubbish, but whats new. People like me are called doom mongerers when we say our defence will get us relegated yet again, but its so glaringly obvious and has been for 2 or 3 seasons that  our defence is our weakness. I said early in the season that we would be in the bottom 3 at xmas, stay there, and ive seen nothing this season to change my mind on that. We have a great manager  who is learning his trade, a good midfield, forwards are good. But the failure to strengthen our defence in the summer transfer window i said at the time was fundamental and its proving the case. Also said we could fail to keep a single clean sheet all season, plus have a distinct possibility of  a new premiership goals conceded in a season, such is the poorness at the back.Oh to be wrong on most of these things, but let the dreamers keep dreaming, that somehow everything will turn out fine in the end. On a plus note, we could have scored a lot more today, luck sure is not going our way for now. OTBC.