Sign in to follow this  
Dom

NOT GOOD ENOUGH or STRONG ENOUGH

Now don''t think this is a negative thread, but realistically at the minute, we just don''t have the team to deal with the entire season.

Whilst we are all very hopeful that Worthy will bring in players, I''m sure we are all also very concerned.

I suppose we will see over the next two weeks how our team will be prepared for the coming season.

I still remain positive, but have in the back of my mind, that it will only take a percentage of last years injuries to ruin any changes of promotion.

Any other views?

This could be right. With seemingly such a small budget and so many players needed, it seems unlikely that Worthy will be able simultaneously to increase the size of the squad and produce somone with above average ability.

The hope must be that he can find a youngster, whom nobody else has spotted, or someone towards the end of his career who can boost us for a year or so. What we do not need is to spend good money on a group of players who will not improve overall quality, and certainly not a few last minuite panic buys!

Perhaps one or two of own youngsters will come good - there were good reports on Cave-Brown, Halliday and Eagle from the Dereham game, but given how long Shackle had to wait, I can''t see our own younger players being allowed to do much.

"This could be right. With seemingly such a small budget and so many players needed, it seems unlikely that Worthy will be able simultaneously to increase the size of the squad and produce somone with above average ability."

Try.. "with a bloody mahoosive budget Worthy is trying to get players in at prices which aren''t over-inflated"

[quote]This could be right. With seemingly such a small budget and so many players needed, it seems unlikely that Worthy will be able simultaneously to increase the size of the squad and produce somone with ...[/quote]

Maybe a blessing in disguise then, the smaller the squad the more chance the youngsters have by default, just as they are on this Holland trip.

There is no money, zero, zilch, brassic and hard up (why?) and questions should be asked.

Don''t expect to see too much from the Jonson sale just yet, that could be being paid to City in installments for all we know or are told.

I predict, that if any more signing''s happen, and I stress the word if, they will still be cheap or free transfers, unless a key player is sacrificed, and that stinks.

Something is very, very wrong, and you can''t see it, or the more likely, you don''t want to see it!.

Yes, I''m still worried.  

So I suppose the best idea would be for Worthy to say to the press "yes, I have a couple of million to spend and want to do so, in the next few weeks." Worthy always says we''re skint, he did so about a week before we bought Ashton. If he says we''ve got money to spend then clubs will overcharge. I would rather not waste the money on players who aren''t good enough. If there''s nobody suitable out there then we''ll have to wait. Am I right in thinking we can still buy players throughout the season? They haven''t got the stupid, ignorant, biased to the big sides transfer windows yet, in division 1? Anyway basically stop moaning I''d rather Worthy waited than go and throw money at arsenal to get that lazy waste of space bentley back or something equally misguided. Have faith. We''ll get in three players before the season starts I think. Two freebee''s and one for about half a million or so. Two midfielders and a defender.

Jobian - we are now subject to the transfer window. This will push up player prices. The FA and FIFA are idiots.

Its too early to judge the summer transfers yet, apart from the 3 that are in (which I am pleased with). Worthy knows we need more in, and he still has time. We know he has money, we just don''t know how much. And as so often pointed out, if we know how much is available then so do the people we are negotiating with. And that would be a very, very stupid thing to let happen.

Wiz, if we are as skint as you seem to think, don''t you think we would have taken cut price deals for Greeno and Francis yet? How come Ashton and Hucks are still with us? How could we have been bidding for Taylor if we wern''t able to be competitive on transfer fees? WHY do you think we are skint? What makes you think Jonson fees will be in installments? Or are you making up rumours to back up your statements about the financial health of the club? Please clarify and back-up your statements.

[quote]Now don''t think this is a negative thread, but realistically at the minute, we just don''t have the team to deal with the entire season. Whilst we are all very hopeful that Worthy will bring in player...[/quote]

Dom: your thread has the title, ''Not good enough or stong enough'' (in caps), and yet you say that this is not negative?

Come on, let''s leave the doom and gloom till at least we''ve seen a ball kicked in the new season.

I trust in Worthy and I trust in our team.  Man for man, we have a better and more experienced squad than when we won this damn league 2 years ago.

We are good enough and we are stong enough.

[quote]Jobian - we are now subject to the transfer window. This will push up player prices. The FA and FIFA are idiots. Its too early to judge the summer transfers yet, apart from the 3 that are in (which I...[/quote]

Putney: You have me stumped mate. When I say the club is broke, I was I believe, being a tad over dramatic. But be honest here, didn''t you expect at least one medium to big signing by now?.

No?, well I and others sure did (Yes, I know there''s still time) but there''s still time also for City to sell Ashton, Hucks, Francis or Green as well, agreed?.

We were a premier league team last season, with all the cash bonuses that entail''s. And before anyone asks, the new stand loan, is I believe, an 8 year repayment scheme, so premier cash would not have been used for that debt!.

City have also saved money on some pretty big wages also, what with players going, and yet Worthy still went for freebies (Jarrett now injured!) and he has made no big bids to get players here, who in the end, went to clubs like Wolves and Leeds, hell even Ipswich, our rivals.

So whilst you will no doubt argue (and you''d be right to argue) that City are far from broke, my belief, or call it a wizards hunch if you like, is that there is something amiss at Carrow Road.

When taking the above into account, it smells to high heaven Putney, and although I may have to concede to you that we''re not as hard up as I at first said, we are, in my opinion, skint to some degree, and after last year that can''t be right!.

Can it?.   

[quote]Putney: You have me stumped mate. When I say the club is broke, I was I believe, being a tad over dramatic. But be honest here, didn''t you expect at least one medium to big signing by now?. No?, well...[/quote]

Nah Wiz !!  I`m no financial  genious , but even I know  that an 8 year period of repayment  comes  with heavy penalties !   paying off a debt  as early as possible  IS the way to go   ,  could well be the difference between  our clubs survival  ...and a Forest job 

Wiz - of course there are financial difficulties, we have a debt of £18m which can hardly be new news for anyone. That level of debt repayment is expensive. Its also old news - what I don''t see is any evidence that we are in new financial difficulties. I see twisted logic from the moaners, but no evidence.

I fully expect us to spend some money, IF the right players come along at realistic prices.  What I haven''t done is set myself an expectation that they should be in by mid July. The season is 3 weeks away and the transfer window is open for another 6 weeks. If you and others want to set false deadlines, go ahead but at least realise you are working to your own deadlines not any deadlines that actually matter (although I would agree it would be *a good idea* to get players in for the start of pre-season training). We have a good squad but it needs more strength in depth. Its not a panic situation.

How do you know we haven''t made any big bids? All the rumours said for example we were after Taylor - how do you know we didn''t bid money for him?

You seem to love being critical, why don''t you at least make your criticisms constructive, for example listing the players you think we should have bought this transfer window? Are there any realistic potential signings that we have missed out on through Worthy and/or the board''s incompetence?