Sign in to follow this  
paul moy

Easy to stay up ?

Not sure anyone said it would be easy. Confidence stems from our performances and points tally to date. If we play as well as we have been there will be three worse teams than us over the course of the season.

The game isn''t over yet either ....

It will be a long seasons though there are many things to be pleased about. 9 points from 7 games we are slightly ahead of the curve particularly after two very difficult away games. It only needs a few bad results though and we are soon back in the mix on the other hand the odd win will keep us above water very nicely

Allowing for our easy start, 9 points from this group of matches keeps us on target for 39 points which in most seasons would keep us up. Our easy run of home matches continues such that 6 points are needed from the next four matches to remain on target for 39 points.

Not sure why people think we''ve had an easy start. Liverpool, West Ham, Southampton (and probably Stoke once they hit form) will all finish in the top 10.

We''re 5 points above relegation zone, we have the desire (and are good enough) under this manager to stay up

i think also its a good season due to the woeful sunderland taking 1 slot..

probably bmouth now 99% of their squad is injured

so just 1 relegation space to fill - you would hope aston villa and newcastle are on for that.

I dont want to be Mr Negative but more Mr Realist even though I think we have started brilliantly to our season we all knew our first 10 games would be vital...we are still only one loss from being at the bottom.

And forgot Palace.... They certainly won''t be anywhere near relegation zone. We have as many poor teams to play as top 6 teams

Blur boy, that would take an extroadainary run of results taking into account the number of teams below us - probably not actually possible if you look at next fixtures as some below us play each other

Hey I am not one to come on here slagging Delia or Managers or players like most of everyone on here but im also not a happy clapper either. I am a realist. We just have to stop giving away sloppy goals because it wont take long for us to be down there. This is a punishing league.

[quote user="Blurboy1980"]Hey I am not one to come on here slagging Delia or Managers or players like most of everyone on here but im also not a happy clapper either. I am a realist. We just have to stop giving away sloppy goals because it wont take long for us to be down there. This is a punishing league.[/quote]do you expect us to finish with a positive goal difference? Cause we won''t. And that''s fine. Spurs finished 5th last year with a negative goal difference I believe. They conceded plenty as well.

The negativity of this thread is crazy, no rationale, just unsubstantiated opinion. Why do you think we''ll be down near the bottom? If you give tangible rationale, we''ll have more of an understanding.

im not saying we will but im saying we have to cut out the silly mistakes and before the season Almost EVERYONE said the first 10 games were vital to get a good place in the league and the fact is I believe we are only 3 points out from the bottom and we all know with a few injuries or few runs against the grain we can easily be down there. Sorry but that is the truth. We have played brilliantly but the fact is we are close to being down there also. The Table does not lie. So as well as we have played were not too far off the teams we are talking poorly against.

Sorry..we are out game away from being in 17th and 5 points out of being 18th...I promise you I am not some dome and gloom type of guy and im not Mr Negative. I was the one saving give AN a chance and others before almost everyone was on here slating them...most everyone on here Bash Delia and McNally saying they want to settle for the championship. Don''t be daft you think they would rather settle for championship money than Premier league money. Come on now. Realism... Try it most of you

we do seem to have an achilles heel in defending set pieces, as once again demonstrated with West Ham''s 2nd goal.

cut this out and it could be the difference between having a relatively safe,comfortable season from one where we''re constantly looking over our shoulder.

Given the fixtures we were given for August/Sept ,I''d say we''re about par for the points we should have.

Had we had held on today and beaten Stoke ,as we should have done ,it would have been a VERY good start and more fitting for what our performances deserve, .....you get the niggling feeling that when a club like ours has 3 points within its grasp and doesnt take them, it could come back and bite us down the line.

I Certainly wouldn''t say it will be easy to stay up, but I do believe that we stand a good chance at the moment. Yes we are only 5 points off 18th but we are also 3 points off 5th and level on points with 5 other teams, just behind them on goal difference. Our next 3 games are Leicester (h) Newcastle (a) and West Brom (h) and I believe we will get at least 5 points out of them

The league table after 6 games means very little - by definition sides will not have played 13 of the teams they have to play, so I couldn''t care a stuff how far off the top or bottom we are, so long as we are playing well and picking up points. As to our supposed easy start - really?

Easy to stay up?...of course not, it will be hard effort and team spirit to stay up. But to stay up?..just maybe now, after initially thought before seasons start that our defence would almost inevitably be our downfall. After 7 games its impossible to predict where a team will finish after 38 games. But imo this last week has been very telling. Thing is we ARE still letting in sloppy goals but the fact is we have gotten two solid away draws at grounds where in previous Prem. seasons weve gotten very little. Alex has also instilled a no fear factor, so although yes we will have some off days, i think we can certainly grab some points from teams who in recent memory have wiped the floor with us.In anycase, staying up or going down, the boring negative feeling under Hughton has been blown away these last 8 or 9 months since Alex Neil joined us, that is the greatest thing.

WBA a must win game. We need to dust ourselves off pdq and some pretty big decisions needed from AN re Ruddy and Martin. I still think there are 3 worse teams than us.

i agree with upperbarclay- there are 3 worse teams than norwich.

this season is about just being better than the bottom 3 if being realistic.. anything else is a bonus.

today norwich went all out attack, if you are going to lose then go for it, the gamble didnt work sadly.

There aren''t three worse teams than us at all. The bottom 12 are all very similar and it will be a complete lottery who ends up in the bottom three. Our problem is that we have had a very easy start on paper and haven''t converted the good performances into enough points whereas the bad performances have been punished.

That will be the difference. I''m afraid that unless we spend very big money in January we will be relegated.